Least deserving= most coverage

AKC

Of all the stories you might be able to feature with even a barely competent staff and editors, we end up with the NFL Network, ESPN and half the print media around the U.S. polluting the draft story with a guy who's done zero-zip-nada to deserve any positive attention at all.

Dennis Rodman, Mike Tyson and Jose Canseco still make headlines.

The media is attracted to trash. It garners attention from the low IQ, hot pockets crowd, which makes up 75 %  of their audience.

318110[/snapback]

The nine is on the opposite side of the eight on the keyboard.

The draft has shown the need for real competition for ESPN in the sports news department. It was the same draft stories over and over again across all three main ESPN networks and it was impossible to find any baseball highlights outside the Yankees and Red Sox.

The draft has shown the need for real competition for ESPN in the sports news department. It was the same draft stories over and over again across all three main ESPN networks and it was impossible to find any baseball highlights outside the Yankees and Red Sox.

318211[/snapback]

No it wasn't. ESPN 1 switched to ESPN 2 coverage, and in preference to NFL draft pick streaming updates, ran their normal score line. and ESPN 108 (on my TW cable) had all the BB blather you could care for.

And, with this important football event, why would you think they should cover the joke called MLB in the first place?

No it wasn't.  ESPN 1 switched to ESPN 2 coverage, and in preference to NFL draft pick streaming updates, ran their normal score line. and ESPN 108 (on my TW cable) had all the BB blather you could care for.

And, it this important football vent, why would you think they should cover the joke called MLB in the first place?

318229[/snapback]

My GOD, but they DO! That seems like the only thing they do cover. To death, even when it's not baseball season. Christ, I HATE baseball....

He did lead his team to a national title in 2002

318061[/snapback]

While he was a force on the 2002 team, I would not argue that he lead the team to the title. I would argue the entire defensive unit lead them to the title. He also missed 3 games during the season and had chronic shoulder problems which kept him from playing fully in at least 3 others.

No it wasn't.  ESPN 1 switched to ESPN 2 coverage, and in preference to NFL draft pick streaming updates, ran their normal score line. and ESPN 108 (on my TW cable) had all the BB blather you could care for.

And, with this important football event, why would you think they should cover the joke called MLB in the first place?

318229[/snapback]

What is ESPN 108? ESPNEWS? They ran updates about the draft and basketball over an over again. When they went to baseball for a minute or two it was just the same highlights from the Yankees and Red Sox games.

The bottom line is unhelpful. I can get that information online. Highlights are what I want on TV. Besides, why should ESPN cover the draft on any more than one channel? The channel that covers the draft will be running down the picks ad naseum. Even ESPN U was doing the draft. Choice is all I want.

My GOD, but they DO! That seems like the only thing they do cover. To death, even when it's not baseball season. Christ, I HATE baseball....

318232[/snapback]

They cover baseball in the sense of hyping the same stories, teams and players over and over again. Variety in coverage is something ESPN needs to improve upon.

Of all the stories you might be able to feature with even a barely competent staff and editors, we end up with the NFL Network, ESPN and half the print media around the U.S. polluting the draft story with a guy who's done zero-zip-nada to deserve any positive attention at all.

318029[/snapback]

And I can't figure why they are talking so much about him today.

Tatum Bell is the No. 1 back in Denver and yet the media is saying that Clarett needs to run for 1,300 yards and over 10 TDs and he could do it in Denver.

How many touches is he going to get? Why did Denver even draft him?

I'm a Bronco fan and I can't figure it.

And I can't figure why they are talking so much about him today.

Tatum Bell is the No. 1 back in Denver and yet the media is saying that Clarett needs to run for 1,300 yards and over 10 TDs and he could do it in Denver.

How many touches is he going to get? Why did Denver even draft him?

I'm a Bronco fan and I can't figure it.

318605[/snapback]

Huh? I thought you were a Flutie fan?