BOOMer schooner

Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's what my father always told me

My father always told me to make sure you strike first if you know you're about to get into it.

Life experience has shown me it's better to walk away or talk yourself out of it if you can.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Beast said:

Even when you win in these altercations, you somehow lose.

Walk away.

Yep.  I have trained for several years and only had to use it once when I was bouncing.  Some dude stole a bottle from behind the bar and when confronted, he swung the bottle on me.

I got more in more fights when I was a teen and early 20's when I didn't train....because I wanted to be a man and prove something.  Now I just don't care and when you're not looking for a fight, you generally don't get in them.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep.  I have trained for several years and only had to use it once when I was bouncing.  Some dude stole a bottle from behind the bar and when confronted, he swung the bottle on me.

I got more in more fights when I was a teen and early 20's when I didn't train....because I wanted to be a man and prove something.  Now I just don't care and when you're not looking for a fight, you generally don't get in them.

Yea I haven't been in any altercations since I was a hot headed teenager

You always get what you're looking for

• 1 month later...

No charges will be filed

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/03/viral-bathroom-fight-walker-brown-okalhoma-football-player-no-charges-filed

The Norman (Okla.) Police Department announced Thursday that it completed its investigation into the Feb. 13 incident, which went viral on social media, and submitted its findings – investigative reports, videos, witness statements and other documents – to the Cleveland County District Attorney’s Office on March 9.

District attorney Greg Mashburn has decided not to pursue criminal charges, determining the altercation was “a mutual combat situation.”

“We have carefully considered the entirety of the circumstances surrounding the incident including a previous altercation between the parties and the actions that led up to the physical fight caught on camera by a bystander,” Mashburn said in a statement. “My office has decided that no criminal charges are appropriate as this appears to be a mutual combat situation in which both parties voluntarily engaged in a fist fight.”

To @Buffalo716 point, it seems that contrary to Spencer Jones attorney's position, after collecting evidence about the whole incident and not just what was on video, the DA concluded he "got what he was looking for"

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.