Time to put up or shut up.

This fan is tired of waiting for prospects, it's time for Tom's picks to put up or shut up. Anything less than a playoff win is unacceptable this year, IMO. Anything less means TD should work on his resume. Because 5 years is too long for "rebuilding".

One thing: Does our GM think games are won on the periphery rather than the lines?

This fan is tired of waiting for prospects, it's time for Tom's picks to put up or shut up. Anything less than a playoff win is unacceptable this year, IMO. Anything less means TD should work on his resume. Because 5 years is too long for "rebuilding".

One thing: Does our GM think games are won on the periphery rather than the lines?

317149[/snapback]

2 out of 6 picks went towards lineman.

Really? Second rounders are often viable starters.

317165[/snapback]

Interior lineman sure. We are lacking a LT. A starting LT was not available with the 55 pick.

Look at it this way. You have a 2nd year QB coming in to start. He needs as many weapons as possible. The season doesn't start tomorrow. June 1 cuts are just around the corner. No worries yet. TH still could be traded. Just because everything isn't happening now doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. Stay tuned.

Interior lineman sure. We are lacking a LT. A starting LT was not available with the 55 pick.

Look at it this way. You have a 2nd year QB coming in to start. He needs as many weapons as possible. The season doesn't start tomorrow. June 1 cuts are just around the corner. No worries yet. TH still could be traded. Just because everything isn't happening now doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. Stay tuned.

And I'm still not sold on Ron Edwards. LT and DT. Anthony Bryant was available.

Sorry to say but more likely we have 1 more year of rebuilding seeing we are starting with a young QB. So GET OVER IT!! Its possible we do something with JP right away but more likely its next year where we start our playoff runs.

Sorry to say but more likely we have 1 more year of rebuilding seeing we are starting with a young QB. So GET OVER IT!! Its possible we do something with JP right away but more likely its next year where we start our playoff runs.

317263[/snapback]

Ludicrous. 6 years to MAYBE make the playoffs? Unacceptable in today's NFL.

The question for you however, is that lets say we replaced TD right now, how many years of rebuilding do you think the Bills would have to go through for the replacement for TD to make the playoffs?

Since you put the TD number at 5 years, I assume you endorse him for 2005. if he is canned after this year, right off 2006 and probably 2007 as thye new guy reverses the TD way and puts his new way into place.

If you endorse abandoning TD right now (even though he obviously will be in place this year(, it sounds like you are endorsing a plan where we win in 2008 even if things work well for new order.

The question for you however, is that lets say we replaced TD right now, how many years of rebuilding do you think the Bills would have to go through for the replacement for TD to make the playoffs?

Since you put the TD number at 5 years, I assume you endorse him for 2005.  if he is canned after this year, right off 2006 and probably 2007 as thye new guy reverses the TD way and puts his new way into place.

If you endorse abandoning TD right now (even though he obviously will be in place this year(, it sounds like you are endorsing a plan where we win in 2008 even if things work well for new order.

317290[/snapback]

The question here is: Is it better to continue with an unsuccessful regime ad infinitum or make the change when it's apparent it's not working. I'm willing to give him this year, next year at the MOST, but 6 years is a long time to rebuild.

317149[/snapback]

Joe, i'm with you 100%!

Really? Second rounders are often viable starters.

317165[/snapback]

which 2005 starter in this draft should he have taken at #55. wasn't much left. DON'T YOU THINK THEY WOULD HAVE TAKEN THEIR "ANSWER TO THE OLINE PROBLEM" IF HE WERE THERE????

who is this Super Prospect????

The question here is: Is it better to continue with an unsuccessful regime ad infinitum or make the change when it's apparent it's not working. I'm willing to give him this year, next year at the MOST, but 6 years is a long time to rebuild.

317294[/snapback]

I reallt don't think that the problem with the TD regime has been talent. He has shown he will do what it takes to get the talent needed. The primary problem was coaching. It has been corrected. 9-7 last year and damn close to a playoff birth.

which 2005 starter in this draft should he have taken at #55. wasn't much left. DON'T YOU THINK THEY WOULD HAVE TAKEN THEIR "ANSWER TO THE OLINE PROBLEM" IF HE WERE THERE????

who is this Super Prospect????

317305[/snapback]

Seen that's just it. They could have traded up to grab an OL prospect, but they didn't. I think TD thinks he's smarter than he is. See: Kris Farris, Ryan Denney, Brandon Spoon, etc...