Wilkerson & Munoz

Lothar

Wilkerson from LSU was considered a solid 2nd rounder - but his patella injury has scared everyone. Likewise, Munoz - a solid technician with great genes - must have serioius problems with his rotator cuff. Both didn't work out at the combine ...

Injuries Ben Wilkerson :devil:

INJURY REPORT

2002: Underwent right knee arthroscopic surgery to repair meniscus debriment in May and the grade three sprain would prevent him from working out for eight weeks … Missed the Miami (Oh.) and The Citadel games with right knee and ankle sprains … Sat out the Cotton Bowl match vs. Texas with a lower back (L4-L5) herniated disc.

2003: Underwent surgery Jan. 16 to trim out his herniated disc.

2004: Suffered a torn left knee patella tendon in the Vanderbilt contest (10/30) and underwent surgery on Nov. 2, missing the season's final four games.

Just another example that proves that WE DON"T KNOW SCHIT about these prospects except for what the "scouts" tell you...the same scouts who couldn't get jobs in the NFL so they write for draft websites.

It will take 3 years to determine the degree of success of this draft.

And yet 50% of the people here don't get it. Still.

The smartest thing I ever heard about the difference between the guys who write the draft books & the NFL teams is that the NFL teams have access to the latest & complete medical reports on these players & the writers don't.

Do you think we drafted Willis without thoroughly reviewing all available medical records? Do you think Mel Kiper Jr., who listed Willis as his 4th RB, behind L.Johnson, O. Smith & M.Smith and projected him going to Houston in round 3 at pick 67 was going over the same stuff TD & his staff had access to?

Good post Albany. It doesn't take a GM or scout to be able to see Munoz or Wilkerson could help this team now or the near future. Unfortunately, only the GM's have access to the injury files. Some people here would probably do a decent job if they had the same information. NOTE: I said SOME.

Was Vince Carter drafted?

317168[/snapback]

yeah, he was drafted a few years ago by the Toronto Raptors, he was traded to the NJ Nets this year. He has a great vertical jump and is an impact player at the pro level.

Just another example that proves that WE DON"T KNOW SCHIT about these prospects except for what the "scouts" tell you...the same scouts who couldn't get jobs in the NFL so they write for draft websites.

It will take 3 years to determine the degree of success of this draft.

And yet 50% of the people here don't get it. Still.

317196[/snapback]

I'm perplexed. If no one on these boards knows anything about what they are talking about, why do you visit the site and bother to comment at all?

I'll concede that we don't KNOW as much as an NFL exec, but you need to concede that this site will never see a GM participate, so there is no chance that any posting will have more than opinion and speculation. THAT IS THE POINT OF A PUBLIC CHAT FORUM!!!

Frankly, you state the obvious as it relates to our knowledge, but you offer no point other than to show contempt for those that participate.

As for the always referenced "plan" that TD has and that we all should swear by like sheep, he's FAILED to execute the plan since he's arrived. I recall a 3 year plan to return to the playoffs. FAILED. I recall hiring Greg Williams as the man who would take us there. FAILED. I recall trading for Drew Bledsoe, so that he could be the trigger man to get us there. FAILED.

One, two, three strikes and you're beloved by the masses inexplicably as having some divine master plan despite having only succeeded on two objectives:

1) we are no longer in cap hell

2) our record this past season is FINALLY better than the record we posted the season prior to his arrival, so I guess statistically we are finally better than when he came.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you've not made an argument strong enough to explain why I should continue to believe in "THE PLAN"