VABills

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Mr. Donaho!

Well for all the shuckin and jivin going on in the weeks leading up to the draft did lead some to believe a deal or two or three would be made. You sound like you're pleased as punch with the way things are going. That's good for you. You're sure to be satisfied with whatever comes your way.

By the way, if 6/2 comes and Shelton is wearing the old RedWhiteand BlueandBlue, are you going to love him then?

Again, VA was asking if TD isn't really all that into it this year. I think it's an interesting question and worthy of some thought.

You can go back to polishing your pom-poms now. TD's about to announce another Modrak pick.

316452[/snapback]

is that how you interpreted what i said? there's a difference between having an informed opinion and simply trashing everything donahoe does. i didn't even offer an opinion as to how i feel about the draft so far. i'm simply commenting on the ridiculousness of the negative ninnies.

So we get two legitimate targets for a young QB to throw to and we're being Bultered.  Dude, get a grip.

316086[/snapback]

Man...I hate to correct ya' Doc, but I don't think these kids were legitimate. No Daddy listed at the bottom of their bios.

:rolleyes:

By the way, if 6/2 comes and Shelton is wearing the old RedWhiteand BlueandBlue, are you going to love him then?

316452[/snapback]

Depends on the contract. If AZ gave us LJ and a 4th for absolutely nothing in return TD would be hard pressed to take it thanks to Shelton's cap number.

Don't bring up that we can just cut LJ, I'm making a point that LJ with his contract is an anchor unless you can project him as starting LT. Apparently JMac could not.

Sometimes I wonder about the mind-set of Bills GM Tom Donahoe. Just what in the world is he thinking of when he makes the draft selections. A couple years ago, he shocked the NFL by drafting Willis McGahee in the first round when the Bills had a very capable runner in Travis Henry. While McGahee proved his worth last season, Donahoe still is paying for the ill effects of that selection as he has yet to unload a very unhappy Henry.

Saturday, with the Bills needed to fill two huge holes left by the departure of free agents Jonas Jennings (offensive line) and Pat Williams (D-line), what does Donahoe do but select a wide receiver! Not only that, but the receiver is a smurf, going at 5'-9" and weighs only 168 pounds. The Bills have Lee Evans (last year's #1 pick) and Eric Moulds. Sure, they could use a good third receiver as Josh Reed has proven to be a bust, but there were more immediate needs than a wide receiver. JP Losman will be running for his life with the Swiss cheese O-line he has. Drew Bledsoe will be glad he's in Dallas behind a much bigger wall than he ever saw in Buffalo.

Just what is going on in Donahoe's head??? Images of sugar plums dressed as wide receivers it seems!

Sometimes I wonder about the mind-set of Bills GM Tom Donahoe. Just what in the world is he thinking of when he makes the draft selections. A couple years ago, he shocked the NFL by drafting Willis McGahee in the first round when the Bills had a very capable runner in Travis Henry. While McGahee proved his worth last season, Donahoe still is paying for the ill effects of that selection as he has yet to unload a very unhappy Henry.

Saturday, with the Bills needed to fill two huge holes left by the departure of free agents Jonas Jennings (offensive line) and Pat Williams (D-line), what does Donahoe do but select a wide receiver! Not only that, but the receiver is a smurf, going at 5'-9" and weighs only 168 pounds. The Bills have Lee Evans (last year's #1 pick) and Eric Moulds. Sure, they could use a good third receiver as Josh Reed has proven to be a bust, but there were more immediate needs than a wide receiver. JP Losman will be running for his life with the Swiss cheese O-line he has. Drew Bledsoe will be glad he's in Dallas behind a much bigger wall than he ever saw in Buffalo.

Just what is going on in Donahoe's head??? Images of sugar plums dressed as wide receivers it seems!

316719[/snapback]

The same thing that's going in Homer Simpson's head when they show it.

This OL will not be like swiss cheese. When its all said and done the only words your going to hear are open mouth insert foot. JP is going to make the line so much better by being able to move. And he will have weapons to work with. And if travis stays hes going to have to play his heart out if not he wont have a big payday next year. So i rather have a Travis unhappy and wanting to Work his ass off for the BIG pay day next year.

316719[/snapback]

This has all the makings of 2002, when we took a 2nd round WR in Josh Reed while we had glaring OL needs and LeCharles Bentley, Toniu Fonoti and Andre Gurode were still on the board.