Charitable Donations (please mods, just for a bit before moving or removing)

dollars 2 donuts

As a Bills fan it is difficult to put into words my feelings over what has been accomplished over the last 3 days for Oshei's.  Pride isn't a big enough word.  

I donated a simple small amount and in 2020...I mean, those simple dollars just makes me feel so good, as I am sure it has for the rest of you (and if you are unable to donate that is OK, with the hope that you just keep this spirit in your heart and pay it forward in whatever way you can).  It feels like, collectively, we're showing appreciation and beating back the monster that is a bad year.

Of course this is great and I don't want it to end.  I cry when I think of the pain and the hurt when any children are suffering, especially as a parent...and I honestly cry over seeing all of your "hearts grow three sizes these days".  

However, Mrs. Donuts reminded me that as wonderful as this is there are so very many charities out there that are hurting and whose donations are way down.

Whether it be to COVID itself or the ancillary effect of it being all the jobs lost and people just being unable to contribute like the once could...it doesn't matter...many good organizations and good people out there are hurting.

I AM NOT ASKING FOR A SINGLE DIME FOR ANY CHARITABLE CAUSE IN THIS THREAD.  I AM NOT STARTING SOMETHING NEW HEREIN.  

Other than I am just asking the greatest fan base on this planet whose hearts are so big and who have given so much lately...who have maybe given even more than what they are truly able to give...take a gentle look around.  

If you see a worthy group you can help, and are able to contribute, no pressure on you, but it would be wonderful if you could again find it in your hearts to help.

These feelings.  These causes.  They live.  They really do.  

Bless all Bills fans (and some of the non-Bills fans :lol:😉) and all these good causes, everywhere.

Thank you Mods for allowing me this brief time.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

Dollars 2 Donuts very nice post and thoughts. I know you asked for this not to be moved but the thread really belongs in OTW. 

Bills fans are amazing in their giving.

Indeed and of course, BB.

Please feel free to go ahead and thank you for the time over here on the main Board.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.