Ever Seen a Shark?

EmotionallyUnstable

On 10/12/2020 at 3:13 PM, Logic said:

Lived in St John, USVI for a few seasons.

Saw nurse sharks regularly when snorkeling.

Only once, when snorkeling by a rock formation further out at sea known as The Indians, did I see a "legit" shark, and I'm not gonna lie, it put a chill up my spine.

It was too far away to know exactly what kind it was. My guess is a reef or bull shark. In any case, I was far enough out at sea and it was big and swift enough that I kind of went "oh *****". Luckily, it was swimming in the OPPOSITE direction as me and quickly disappeared out of view.

1. I'm upset you found my FAVORITE thread before me.

2. It was a Tiger.  They're the most common "legit" sharks in The Indians.

3. How'd you only see nurses?  I've seen nurses and sand sharks.  I once saw a nurse shark some 5 feet long.  Also, many barracuda- but that was on my own charter excursion. 

4. I demand a cage dive with great whites.  If you don't oblige, I'm going to use it as a decision point for who I choose to marry (assuming they're stupid enough to choose me).

5. I'm not going back in the water where shark attacks have never happened before, until next year, because changes in human behavior can spark rashes of attacks in those areas, and we're in a damn pandemic.

6.  I've obviously seen all sorts of sharks in aquariums. 

7. I've even snorkeled the Epcot aquarium with some larger (6-10 ft) sharks.  They were deep below me and I couldn't make out their type.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

Saw a hammerhead dead on the beach in Ft Myers. Swam with mantiees at a beach in Stuart Fl. Snorkled one time and got to swim barracuda and nurse sharks in Largo.  Never really saw much more than jelly fish man of War and dolphins surfing. Good times. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.