A chance of a lifetime

Who is the best player in the draft? Braylon is, that's who. So why settle for anything less? Here's something to think about.

The Titans are in desparate need for a CB and they hold the #6 pick overall. Good-bye Nate.

Tampa needs a RB and Henry wants out. I pronounce you man and wife.

CB Ronde Barber is in a contract dispute and now Buffalo needs a CB. Ronde, how do you like your wings, hot or mil

Buffalo is without a 1st rd pick this year, but you know what they say, there's always next year.

Hello San Fran, how would you like to only move down four slots and get another 1st rd pick AND a 2nd rd pick?

Bottom line; Last year Buffalo invested a 1st rd pick in this year's draft. I say defer the payment. CB Nate Clements could very well not be a Buffalo Bill next year. Ronde Barber is a pro bowler. Trade Henry to Tampa for Barber. Position filled. Instead of having our 1st pick come in the 2nd rd have it be the 1st pick overall. Trade our 2nd rd (#55) pick this year and our 1st rd pick next year to San Fran with the #6 pick that we get from the Titans for Clements. We won't have to worry about Moulds replacement or his contract next year now will we?

Just something to think about. Have a good day.

Who is the best player in the draft? Braylon is, that's who. So why settle for anything less? Here's something to think about.

The Titans are in desparate need for a CB and they hold the #6 pick overall. Good-bye Nate.

Tampa needs a RB and Henry wants out. I pronounce you man and wife.

CB Ronde Barber is in a contract dispute and now Buffalo needs a CB. Ronde, how do you like your wings, hot or mil

Buffalo is without a 1st rd pick this year, but you know what they say, there's always next year.

Hello San Fran, how would you like to only move down four slots and get another 1st rd pick AND a 2nd rd pick?

Bottom line; Last year Buffalo invested a 1st rd pick in this year's draft. I say defer the payment. CB Nate Clements could very well not be a Buffalo Bill next year. Ronde Barber is a pro bowler. Trade Henry to Tampa for Barber. Position filled. Instead of having our 1st pick come in the 2nd rd have it be the 1st pick overall. Trade our 2nd rd (#55) pick this year and our 1st rd pick next year to San Fran with the #6 pick that we get from the Titans for Clements. We won't have to worry about Moulds replacement or his contract next year now will we?

Just something to think about. Have a good day.

312486[/snapback]

So whats that have to do with Braylon Edwards??? :rolleyes:

Ronde Barber is a cover-2 cornerback whose skills do not suit the style of D the Bills play. He's best when the play is in front of him - when he has to turn and run he's not nearly as effective. He almost never plays on an "island" without help underneath or over the top. I know you're just throwing out ideas, but you've made this same suggestion multiple times so I thought finally I'd respond - most cornerbacks aren't just interchangeable from one system to another. If Barber were to go anywhere, it would be to Indiannapolis or the Jets - teams that use a similar system to TB.

Um... first, TD would never want to go first overall. NO CHANCE.

Second, if I had the first overall (and the Bills) I wouldn't even take Braylon Edwards. We have a fantastic 1-2 punch in our receiving core.

Thirly, I don't even consider Braylon Edwards as the best receiver in the draft (let alone the best player). Mike Williams is.

Finally, Not gonna happen. Sorry, and be ready to be bored for the first few hours tomorrow.

Who is the best player in the draft? Braylon is, that's who.

312486[/snapback]

WR Mike Williams has something to say about that. In the Rose Bowl two years ago Williams put on a clinic against Edwards and his Michigan team.

In reference to the original post, could you imagine 2 years from now when not only Vincent and Milloy have lost a step, now you want another geriatric DB who will need to be replaced?

Locking up Nate long term will be cost efficient because within the next 3 years both safties are going to need to be replaced with young, inexpensive talent.

If Terrance McGee holds down the other corner spot it will make it a little easier to adjust to a youth movement at safety.

With all this talk of teams low balling us, maybe this trade is not such a bad idea afterall. We wouldn't even have to take Edwards, we could a trade down with someone else. I'd rather have Edwards though.

"Like sand through an hourglass, so are the days of our lives".