anybody hear big cat on sirius NFL radio?

eball

One of the interviewers mentioned that he saw JP in camp last year and that he was very impressed with how much velocity he had on the ball stating that he was throwing alot harder than DB.

311937[/snapback]

I had the chance to see Losman up close at a closed practice at RWS. The only Bills QB I've ever seen throw the rock harder was Jack Kemp. Losman threw with accuracy also and a couple were zipped in between two defenders. He was all in all quite impressive. BTW at that same practice Bledsoe twice got touched for sacks and and had a couple of picks :rolleyes: against the same defensive group.

It will take time like it does for any raw NFL QB to read pro defenses and adjust his call if necessary. If Losman can master this, we fans are in for a real treat for the foreseeable future.

Losman's shown he has "guts" from the number of hits he took behind a very bad line at Tulane. He has the physical skills and from what I have read leadership traits are emerging. IM already pumped for the up-coming season and can only hope the JP succeeds at the mental aspects of the game. I just hope the fans cut him some slack in the beginning as mis-reads will occur and mistakes are likely.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask a completely ignorant question?  Why is JP called Big Cat?  Hmm?? :rolleyes:

311899[/snapback]

Because he made a rather stupid remark to some hapless kid, and some posters cherish this nonsense as virtual scripture, signs of "leadership," or something other than a non-event.

Because he made a rather stupid remark to some hapless kid, and some posters cherish this nonsense as virtual scripture, signs of "leadership," or something other than a non-event.

312199[/snapback]

cmon, he needed a nick name - it came up and seemed as good as any nickname anybody could come up with, so we went with it. it was there so we embraced it, now we just need the media to do the same.

I had the chance to see Losman up close at a closed practice at RWS. The only Bills QB I've ever seen throw the rock harder was Jack Kemp. Losman threw with accuracy also and a couple were zipped in between two defenders. He was all in all quite impressive. BTW at that same practice Bledsoe twice got touched for sacks and and had a couple of picks  :rolleyes:  against the same defensive group.

It will take time like it does for any raw NFL QB to read pro defenses and adjust his call if necessary. If Losman can master this, we fans are in for a real treat for the foreseeable future.

Losman's shown he has "guts" from the number of hits he took behind a very bad line at Tulane. He has the physical skills and from what I have read leadership traits are emerging.  IM already pumped for the up-coming season and can only hope the JP succeeds at the mental aspects of the game. I just hope the fans cut him some slack in the beginning as mis-reads will occur and mistakes are likely.

312178[/snapback]

Most people here won't argue that. But we have a defense that is built to win now! We can't be assured the next wave will be just as good. JP will take time to understand the NFL game. We don't have that luxury now.

Regardless, the change has been made and by the time this offense takes off, we may be handicapped by a mediocre D and below average ST unit.

Let's hope he's an exception to the rule like Big Ben was.

cmon, he needed a nick name - it came up and seemed as good as any nickname anybody could come up with, so we went with it. it was there so we embraced it, now we just need the media to do the same.

312243[/snapback]

This "nickname" is based on a harsh remark when he was calling out some little kid. Deserved or not, I prefer to let JP earn a nickname on the football field against grown, professional football playing men.

Sorry, I am not down with this nonsense.

312199[/snapback]

umm...or, perhaps we thought it was funny, so why not call JP big cat and see if it sticks?

lighten up, francis. you'd think this was life and death. - :rolleyes:

This "nickname" is based on a harsh remark when he was calling out some little kid. Deserved or not, I prefer to let JP earn a nickname on the football field against grown, professional football playing men.

312251[/snapback]

First of all it wasn't a harsh comment, he was just telling him to button it up and pay attention. Second, who cares where he earns a nickname? It's a nickname not a medal of honor. Ease up man.

Here's the link to the article. I thought it was a cool thing he did. Some of our more cynical posters may see it as a bad thing...

JP speaking at sports banquet

312306[/snapback]

from a cynical poster...

i don't think it was a bad thing that he did. thats not really up to me to judge. However, i just don't like the name. i can't come up with a better way to say this, but its just stupid. if that makes me cynical then i am guilty.

312251[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. It sounds so synthetic.

First of all it wasn't a harsh comment, he was just telling him to button it up and pay attention.  Second, who cares where he earns a nickname?  It's a nickname not a medal of honor.  Ease up man.

312283[/snapback]

Then shouldn't the KID he spoke to be nicknamed Big Cat? If JP had said ..."Hey dumbass...pay attention"...would be be calling him Big Dumbass? Lose the nickname already. Should another come up, one that is given or earned, let it play out. Until then, Big Cat is, like so many picks tomorrow, a reach.

Your puppy is soooooooooo cute!  :P

312390[/snapback]

Actually, it's not mine. I have one just like him though, but I can't get him to pose for pictures... :rolleyes: The little SOB runs from camera like they're going to kill him.

Then shouldn't the KID he spoke to be nicknamed Big Cat? If JP had said ..."Hey dumbass...pay attention"...would be be calling him Big Dumbass? Lose the nickname already. Should another come up, one that is given or earned, let it play out. Until then, Big Cat is, like so many picks tomorrow, a reach.

312369[/snapback]

No offense man, but I'm glad that I was born with a sense of humor. It's his nickname on the board because it's funny. It was a funny story and it's a funny thing to call someone "Big Cat." If you ask me it fits him perfectly. As far as "earning" a nickname as I stated before it's not the medal of honor it's a nickname.

No offense man, but I'm glad that I was born with a sense of humor.  It's his nickname on the board because it's funny.  It was a funny story and it's a funny thing to call someone "Big Cat."  If you ask me it fits him perfectly.  As far as "earning" a nickname as I stated before it's not the medal of honor it's a nickname.

312485[/snapback]

No offense either, man. I was born with a sense of humor myself. I know funny when I hear it. Big Cat is NOT funny. Not even remotely.