Last Years Wide Receivers

MrLocke

Of the Wide Receivers choosen last year are there any you would prefer to Lee Evans? Even if they were selected before Lee. In all honesty I can say NO and that is because I do not think any of them have the same kind of speed Lee Evans has. None of them I would prefer not Larry Fitzgerald not Roy Williams not Michael Clayton not Keary Colbert. What does everyone else think?

Of the Wide Receivers choosen last year are there any you would prefer to Lee Evans? Even if they were selected before Lee. In all honesty I can say NO and that is because I do not think any of them have the same kind of speed Lee Evans has. None of them I would prefer not Larry Fitzgerald not Roy Williams not Michael Clayton not Keary Colbert. What does everyone else think?

311728[/snapback]

If anyone, Roy Williams, but he is too much like Moulds. Lee Evans is a better compliment to Moulds. Or should I say, Moulds is a better compliment to Evans.

311728[/snapback]

good pt. evans is my favorite of the group. he has a huge upside. he didn't put up as good of numbers as clayton, but drew was radar locked on moulds the first 5 games.

i was also really impressed w/ roy williams until he got hurt. he put huge numbers while being double teamed game after game. he plays fast, but doesn't have the sprinter speed evans does.

either player would work. i think we got a great value at the 14th? pick (maybe 13 not sure)

Seems to me that the only question regarding Evans when he was drafted

was the fact that he lacked a bit of maturity in college.

All of those questions were answered early during training camp.

I think in time he will be considered the best WR selected in 2004.

Another solid year under his belt may put him in the Pro Bowl.

Lee Evans led the rookies in the most important category... scoring. 9 touchdowns were tops among all rookie receivers. And the other rookie receivers (Clayton and Williams come to mind) were all in the number 1 slot. Lee Evans has put up better stats even with his role in the number 2 slot.

Also, (someone better check me on this) I believe that LE led the NFL Rookies in yards per catch. Which is exactly what you look for at the deep threat opposite your bread and butter (Moulds).

Remember Burkett as the deep threat, Lofton as the deep threat (both to Reed as the bread and butter). Remember Peerless to Moulds?

Lee Evans was PERFECT and did exactly what we wanted him to do. I would not have picked another receiver over LE last year. If we had had a top 5 pick, I would have traded that pick away... wound up at 13, and drafted LE anyways.

I love Evans, he was the most pleasent of surprises last year, considering he was pretty much invisible in pre-season and early on. I wouldn't take anyone over him, but you could argue in favor of Clayton. He is one tough sob...he was the only offense the Bucs had for the last 15 weeks of the season, was double teamed pretty consistantly, and put up monster numbers (especially for a rookie) most of the season.

I like Roy Williams, but I fear he is always an injury waiting to happen...

I'm perfectly happy with Evans, but I agree with everyone else that Roy Williams would have been great, and also think Clayton would have been good also.

Evans did great last year as the number 2, but Clayton has already proved that he can be a number 1. Evans looks like he could make the transition, but Clayton had the opportunity to show it, and did.

At this point, no one knows if Evans would turn into another Price if given the #1 spot. I don't think he would, but who knows?

I love Evans, he was the most pleasent of surprises last year, considering he was pretty much invisible in pre-season and early on.  I wouldn't take anyone over him, but you could argue in favor of Clayton.  He is one tough sob...he was the only offense the Bucs had for the last 15 weeks of the season, was double teamed pretty consistantly, and put up monster numbers (especially for a rookie) most of the season. 

I like Roy Williams, but I fear he is always an injury waiting to happen...

313212[/snapback]

what makes you say that?

Mike Williams.......

Honestly Going into the draft I was very unsure about Lee Evans. I thought he was another Troy Edwards, the guy I really wanted Mike Williams had the ruling reversed by the courts. Looking foward though I am happy we have Lee Evans, although it would be pretty kick ass to get mike williams. A man can dream can't he? :rolleyes:

The only thing we have to be certain of is that we do not have another troy edwards on our hands. Troy had similar stats his first season and we know what has happened since. troy edwards stats. Also troys downfall was that he was too small and he and lee possess similar size. I do not want this to happen it is just a possibility.