You smell something?

Simon

Trout Camp!

I love the smell of trout camp in the morning.

It smells like......whiskey.

Y'all have fun this weekend and I leave yinz with my Buffalo Bills 2005 dream draft. I'm not making any alterations to our picking schedule as it stands now, because after 15 years of watching Donahoe work, I've learned that guessing what he's going to do next is a complete waste of time.

2) Mike Patterson-DT-USC

Patterson only falls this far because he's listed at 5' 11-1/2". All he does is whip ass on the field though and with PhatPat out the door, this looks like a steal in the second that also hapens to fill a need on the most important position on a defense. As for the height forgedaboutit; Donahoe once had a NT in P'burgh who was about 5'9" and actually held his own in the NFL trenches. One of the most entertaining players I've ever seen and it's killing me that I cant remember the guy's name.

3) Chris Spencer-C-'Ol Miss

Coming out early after only starting one year as a Center makes teams nervous and he falls to our pick in the 3rd. The kid is raw but McNally could turn him into a monster, probably in short order as Spencer is considerd a high-character kid who is very coachable. Can play any position on the interior line but would likley replace Teague as the starting center next year.

3a) Antonio Perkins-CB-Oklahoma

Yeah I said I wasn't going to stray from our current picks, but TD moves Travis on draftday and if it isn't for Shelton, I think he steals a 3rd from somebody. Perkins could push for a nickle spot this year, could push McGee for a corner spot next year, and could very well push Nate out of the punt return duties that make everybody so nervous.

4) Rob Petitti-OT-Pitt

Wahhhh, Donahoe drafted a guy from Pittsburgh. Well, too bad; do you want him to just ignore all the players from football rich Western Pennsyltucky? You know both TD and Modrak have been watching this kid for years and they'll snag him if he falls deep enough into the 4th. Also fills a need since we're mighty thin at Tackle.

5) Stefan Lefors-QB-Louisville

I don't have any real problems with Shane Matthews (I honestly haven't watched him enough to even have a viable opinion about him) but I'd rather the Bills have a young developmental guy as a #3 QB who might turn into a player or have some value as a bargaining chip in the future. I love Lefors' game (plus he has that cool name like the guy that tracked Butch and Sundance) and think somebody is going to be thrilled that they drafted him; hope it's us.

6) Maurice Clarett-RB-THE Ohio State University

The always mischievous TD can't help himself and must find a way to stir the stew so he trades up into the early part of the 6th round and drafts Clarett just to piss everybody off. Clarett can run, catch, block and has good field awareness; he's not a breakaway threat but he plays faster than that meaningless 40 he clocked at the combine. He also plays with a chip on his shoulder and serves as a solid backup to Willis for a couple years until the Bills deal him for a day1 pick.

7)Simon-CB/S-School of hard knocks

Obscure aging DB isn't big, isn't fast, and spends too much time playing on the edge of the rules. But he's crafty, tougher than a two-dollar steak, dynamite in the locker room and could become a special teams standout and a fill-in at nickle in the short zones. A steal in any round, but outright larceny in the 7th.

Hey it's a dream draft.....

See ya later suckers..... :w00t:

I like your draft, up until you pick Clarett.

Hehehe. Just makes you kinda squirm, doesn't it? Me too.

I don't like him either, but this team needs a couple bad seeds. :w00t:

Would you be heartbroken if TD went after Nugent in the 2nd?

I wouldn't like it simply cuz I hate freakin kickers. But I've seen Nugent drop some very serious bombs in Big10 weather conditions and the fact his 'mates gave him a C says something for him as well.

So while it wouldn't be my first choice, I wouldn't hate it either because as kickers go, this guy seems to be all right.

Plus I get a kick out of it when TD tweaks noses, which a 2ndround kicker most certainly would :w00t:

I would like that draft a ton, although unfortunately most if not all of those players may be gone by the time we pick.

Call Bobby Knight, he may be able to swing something to get you drafted. There is a great Bobby Knight story, among dozens that people ignore, which make him a great friggin' guy. One of them is a player he had, I think Landon Turner or something like that, that was pretty good but then got in a car crash or something and was paralyzed. So all his NBA hoop dreams went up in smoke forever. Bobby Knight, without provocation, called Red Auerbach of the Celtics and begged a huge favor. And in the last round of the NBA draft that year, the commish of the NBA announced Landon Turner, in a wheelchair for life, was drafted by the Boston Celtics. Knight also started a fund that raised $400,000 to cover hospital expenses for Turner.

I would like that draft a ton, although unfortunately most if not all of those players may be gone by the time we pick.

Spencer and Lefors will probably be gone by those slots, but I think the rest of them have an even chance of hanging around that long.

And remember that TD is not averse to dealing a future pick to move up 10-20 spots to get a guy he likes.

Cya