Clements trade just became more likely...

ACor58

For those of you following this, the Skins were interested in Buchanon but he is no longer available. Nate could be on his way out...

** Houston's Sports 610 Radio reports the Raiders have traded CB

Phillip Buchanon to the Houston Texans for two undisclosed picks. According

to the report, Houston's 13th overall pick is not part of the trade.

Buchanon has two years left on his contract worth a total of $1.5 million

and will likely seek a new deal. He's had injury problems and doesn't

always exercise proper technique -- but nobody can argue his athletic

ability. Buchanon's scored 7 TDs off punt returns and interceptions in

just 36 career games.

www.draftsharks.com

Why does the Oakland - Houston trade make Clements trade more likely when the Redskins traded for Denver's pick in order to get a quarterback? If they trade the picks to the Bills, they don't get their QB & Gibbs doesn't want his future to rest on Patrick Ramsey's ability to be a good NFL QB. Clements to the Redskins died the moment that Washington got Denver's pick.

how do you say- "no chance in hell"

310821[/snapback]

Don't be suprised man. Clements will be asking for top dollar next year, probably a whole heck of a lot more than he is worth. While he made a lot of big plays last year he also got beat a lot. I hate to say it, but my guess is that he is gone.

Why does the Oakland - Houston trade make Clements trade more likely when the Redskins traded for Denver's pick in order to get a quarterback?  If they trade the picks to the Bills, they don't get their QB & Gibbs doesn't want his future to rest on Patrick Ramsey's ability to be a good NFL QB.  Clements to the Redskins died the moment that Washington got Denver's pick.

310825[/snapback]

The Denver trade makes it that much more likely. It isno secret that they are interested in obtaining AUburn's Jason Campbell, whom they feel they can get later in the draft, thus far making their early first round pick expendable. Gregg-O and Gibbs have said all along that they need an experienced corner after losing Bailey last year and Smoot this year.

I am not saying that it is a definite, just more likely.

The Denver trade makes it that much more likely. It isno secret that they are interested in obtaining AUburn's Jason Campbell, whom they feel they can get later in the draft, thus far making their early first round pick expendable. Gregg-O and Gibbs have said all along that they need an experienced corner after losing Bailey last year and Smoot this year.

I am not saying that it is a definite, just more likely.

310832[/snapback]

The Skins are $1.4 million under the cap right now...how are they going to pay a "top 5" CB salary to anyone?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...john&id=2004973

The Skins are $1.4 million under the cap right now...how are they going to pay a "top 5" CB salary to anyone?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...john&id=2004973

310833[/snapback]

The same way they'd be expected to pay for a top 10 pick in the draft. I'm sure they'd re-structure some contracts and/or cut some people to free cap space.

How are we so sure Nate's looking for top 5 CB money? I bet he's asking a lot, but maybe it's not much worse than what they offered Smoot?

Yes, it's unlikely that it will happen. But you have to admit, it does make sense if TD knows in his heart of hearts that he won't be able to keep Nate anyways. It's unlikely, but you can't completely rule it out.