4/19/05 Amazing Race SPOILERS

Yay Meredith and Gretchen...

for not being eliminated in the amazing race. what a great race this has been! I know alot of you are down on reality shows, but this one rocks! 2 people racing around the world against others. It is great to see how the teams come together to accomplish thier goal. I like rob and amber to win, but any of them would be ok in my book, except ron(?) and kelly, he seems to be a prick. Final 4 baby!

My hat's off to them as well - they work well together and she's proven she's tough as nails ater that cave fall.

Unfortunately, the show will probably have some detours/roadblocks that need strength and that will put them at a big disadvantage against teams of twentysomethings. It happens every year - the senior couple does well and at some point they have to climb a 300 foot rock wall and they get eliminated. They should have a seniors version of the show - every season they have a really neat older couple who exits due to the nature of the challenge more than anything else.

oh man, i am sorry. i forget about all you tecnologically advanced people. I did not mean to spoil it. it is still worth watching, very good episode

From those of us who recorded it last night and did not watch it yet, THANKS FOR THE SPOILER!

310151[/snapback]

oh man, i am sorry.  i forget about all you tecnologically advanced people.  I did not mean to spoil it.  it is still worth watching, very good episode

310158[/snapback]

Technologically advanced people? VCRs have been around for over 25 years....

That said, I changed the title for you. Luckily my wife made me watch it last night (instead of Veronica Mars -- which is an EXCELLENT show and was recently picked up for season 2. HIGHLY recommended if you like character development and plot twists. It's a giant murder mystery, so you should probably wait until you can watch it from the beginning).

I don't think Ron is as big a jerk as Kelly is. Did you see what she said in the previews? "You're always avoiding commitment." "Umm, I was in the military." "Yeah, you got out of that too." "How do you figure?" "By being a POW." :devil: Classy, real classy.

CW

"Umm, I was in the military."  "Yeah, you got out of that too."  "How do you figure?"  "By being a POW."  :devil:  Classy, real classy.

CW

310172[/snapback]

I saw that. My wife, who is as lib blue state as they come, even cringed on that one, I hope it was out of context, cuz it sure sounded bad.

Yay Meredith and Gretchen...

for not being eliminated in the amazing race.  what a great race this has been!  I know alot of you are down on reality shows, but this one rocks!  2 people racing around the world against others.  It is great to see how the teams come together to accomplish thier goal.  I like rob and amber to win, but any of them would be ok in my book, except ron(?) and kelly, he seems to be a prick.  Final 4 baby!

310140[/snapback]

The former POW might be a jerk, but the previews for next week really cast the beauty queen in a nasty light -- something about her implying that he got himself captured for the notariety and to get out of his commitment to the military. Oh yeah, ... that'll win you supporters in this time of war.

Ummm. The posting had the word SPOLIER in it and you chose to read it. Whos fault is that?  :D

310496[/snapback]

I changed the title to protect the innocent (I mentioned that in my first post in the thread).

CW