How's this scenario?

1st rd. OT Alex Barron (Clements goes to Washington, Bills may have to give up a mid rd pick)

2nd rd. TE Matt Jones (Henry goes to Philly or Tampa for an early second)

2nd rd. PK Mike Nugent (Bill's original pick)

Sign Ty Law to replace Clements

I like Clements a lot but I do not want the Bills to have a 7-8 million dollar a year cornerback starting in 2006 and beyond. Take the hit on defense, get something in return, put it to use on what the Bills lack most, offensive line talent.

1st rd. OT Alex Barron (Clements goes to Washington, Bills may have to give up a mid rd pick)

I like Clements a lot but I do not want the Bills to have a 7-8 million dollar a year cornerback starting in 2006 and beyond. Take the hit on defense, get something in return, put it to use on what the Bills lack most, offensive line talent.

308800[/snapback]

I like this. It allows us to address some critical needs to include the kicker. Then we can $hitcan LinHELL!! :w00t:

308800[/snapback]

NO!

9 is too high to pick Barron. He's the best tackle in the draft, but it's a weak draft for tackle. I've said it once and i'll say it a million times, if we get that high than we need to make a run at Mike Williams.

As for Matt Jones, he's not going to be there in the 2nd round. Phili or Pittsburgh will take him in the late 1st.

I'm all for the Nate trade, but if we're at 9 and we can't get Mike Williams; then I say trade down for some more picks. Then and ONLY then should we draft Alex Barron with our first pick.

No way does Donahoe trade Clements AND a pick for the Redskins pick in such a weak draft. Barron doesn't warrent that price. The Bills would do just as well with Shelton or even Walker.

Matt Jones will be picked up by Philly or NE with their 1st round picks, so he won't be around in the 2nd.

308800[/snapback]

hey man... how much money do you think we really have? i mean its a nice scenario and all, but come on.... "oh we'll just sign a number 9 pick, 2 seconds, a 3rd.... oh and then ty law" come on man, why do u think we havent been active in free agency?

hey man... how much money do you think we really have? i mean its a nice scenario and all, but come on.... "oh we'll just sign a number 9 pick, 2 seconds, a 3rd.... oh and then ty law" come on man, why do u think we havent been active in free agency?

309159[/snapback]

We haven't been active because TD is being patient. Holding onto the money (he is frugal with his money), but if something comes up that is a good possibility (like LM a few years back) then he will bite in a second.

But you did make a good point about all those draft picks. I think that TD is secretly happy he doesn't have a high first. I would be shocked if Buffalo selects anywhere in the first round let alone at number 9.