Is the trade TH for Rhonde Barber

marck

I was doing a little bit of searching around and have heard a rumor that the deal may be Travis Henry to Tampa Bay for Rhonde Barber and a 4th round pick (107th) in this draft.

If this is true then the Bills could make a serious move to trade Nate Clements and move up into the 1st half of the 1st round maybe the Redskins at 9, or in the 15-17 where KC, New Orleans and Cincinnati are have defensive back needs.

This would leave the Bills with a 1st round pick, picks in the 2nd, 3rd and two in the 4th along with Rhonde Barber.

This would be a great chance to get a quality CB such as Carlos Rogers in the 1st round, draft offensive line in the 2nd, defensive tackle in the 3rd and then get a back-up running back and tight end in the 4th round.

Questions and comments?

I am not sure what my view is. One thing I do know is I would love a child. She has to be OK with it. I partially think there is a small period of time in which the baby is not yet formed on its own which it should be Ok for abortion. I make good money own my own house. I would be a great father, I just dont want to screw up somone elses life because I am selfish.

308164[/snapback]

any linky for "your rumor"?

Travis Henry to Tampa Bay for Ronde Barber and a 4th round pick (107th) in this draft would be great. Our DB would be Barber and Nate at CBs, Milloy & Vincent at S, with McGee at nickel.... that's some serious playmakers.

As for Carlos Rogers and a couple 2nd-round OL players,

no thanks, I'll keep Nate. :D

I have no specific link, just trying to find the name of the player that Tampa would be offering the Bills that would make sense for both teams.

any linky for "your rumor"?

308253[/snapback]

Travis Henry to Tampa Bay for Ronde Barber and a 4th round pick (107th) in this draft would be great. Our DB would be Barber and Nate at CBs, Milloy & Vincent at S, with McGee at nickel.... that's some serious playmakers.

As for Carlos Rogers and a couple 2nd-round OL players,

no thanks, I'll keep Nate. :D

308254[/snapback]

If Ronde Barber became a Bill in a trade for Henry, I would have a serious case of man love for TD.

Sorry................But I dont see anything probing the idea of a Nate Clement trade here or anywhere on this board for that matter...so In the meantime I stay with my star CB till I see something. As for this draft class it is very weakand I would not stress over trying to get a 1st rounder this yr

Its not that I want to trade Nate Clements, but if he is going to be a free agent at the end of the year, it is better then losing NC for nothing at the end of the year.

Sorry................But I dont see anything probing the idea of a Nate Clement trade here or anywhere on this board for that matter...so In the meantime I stay with my star CB till I see something. As for this draft class it is very weakand I would not stress over trying to get a 1st rounder this yr

308264[/snapback]

Its not that I want to trade Nate Clements, but if he is going to be a free agent at the end of the year, it is better then losing NC  for nothing at the end of the year.

308265[/snapback]

You franchise him if necessary, but you don't give up a Nate Clements.

Who TF is Carlos f'n Rogers? :D

Next year, Drew's dead cap $$$ comes off the books,

then rework MW's contract... dump him if you must,

but pay Nate what he deserves.

I was doing a little bit of searching around and have heard a rumor that the deal may be Travis Henry to Tampa Bay for Rhonde Barber and a 4th round pick (107th) in this draft.

If this is true then the Bills could make a serious move to trade Nate Clements and move up into the 1st half of the 1st round maybe the Redskins at 9, or in the 15-17 where KC, New Orleans and Cincinnati are have defensive back needs.

This would leave the Bills with a 1st round pick, picks in the 2nd, 3rd and two in the 4th along with Rhonde Barber.

This would be a great chance to get a quality CB such as Carlos Rogers in the 1st round, draft  offensive line in the 2nd, defensive tackle in the 3rd and then get a back-up running back and tight end in the 4th round.

Questions and comments?

308251[/snapback]

by doing such maneuvers would kill us on dead cap, i believe. so that feasbility of it seems low

Who TF is Carlos f'n Rogers?  :D

Next year, Drew's dead cap $$$  comes off the books,

308272[/snapback]

Isn't the franchise hit about 10 million for a CB?

Rico,

Charles Woodson was franchised this year and has over 10 million dollars allocated to him on the cap.

Even with Bledsoe's monies coming off and a potential Mike Williams restructure, can you really justify paying Nate Clements, $10,000,000.00 for one year. Plus, if he does sign a tendered offer, he becomes untradeable and will be gone in 2007.

Carlos Rogers is the Auburn CB who is 6'1", 195 lbs, has great recognition skills, fluid hip turn and great hands.

Also he would be a Bill for the next five years and would be a viable threat to be able to start on the opposite side of Rhonde Barber moving McGee back to nickle where he is better suited.

Who TF is Carlos f'n Rogers?  :D

Next year, Drew's dead cap $$$  comes off the books,

308272[/snapback]

Isn't the franchise hit about 10 million for a CB?

308285[/snapback]

I think it's about $9M...

Drew's dead cap space this year= $4.33M.

Bonus still amortized to MW after this year per Clumpy = $4.33M

9.17M - 4.33M = $4.84M available if you dump MW

$4.33M + $4.84M = $9.17M.

I appreciate the improvement that JMac got outta him the last 10 games,

but if push comes to shove, Nate is much, much more valuable.

Rico,

Charles Woodson was franchised this year and has over 10 million dollars allocated to him on the cap.

Even with Bledsoe's monies coming off and a potential Mike Williams restructure, can you really justify paying Nate Clements, $10,000,000.00 for one year.  Plus, if he does sign a tendered offer, he becomes untradeable and will be gone in 2007.

Carlos Rogers is the Auburn CB who is 6'1", 195 lbs, has great recognition skills, fluid hip turn and great hands.

Also he would be a Bill for the next five years and would be a viable threat to be able to start on the opposite side of Rhonde Barber moving McGee back to nickle where he is better suited.

308295[/snapback]

I thought I read somewhere in here that Woodson gets an extra $1M since he was franchised 2 years in a row. And like I said above, I would much sooner pay Nate $9M than MW.

I'm not an SEC fan, so Carlos Rogers is just a blip in a draft guide to me. Maybe he'll be good. Will he be as good as Nate? I wouldn't take that bet.

I thought I read somewhere in here that Woodson gets an extra $1M since he was franchised 2 years in a row. And like I said above, I would much sooner pay Nate $9M than MW.

I'm not an SEC fan, so Carlos Rogers is just a blip in a draft guide to me. Maybe he'll be good. Will he be as good as Nate? I wouldn't take that bet.

308314[/snapback]

Someone posted a figure here of 8.87 mil. as I recall. Of course, this does not in itself make it true.

Serious question......do you think that RW will pay this much money to a cornerback, especially given the Bills history of letting corners walk?

I am not asking what you would do. I am asking you to predict what RW will do.

Rico,

Great reason for not looking into the logic of trading Clements. I not an SEC fan so Carlos Rogers is just a blip in the draft guide. God, if this is what we are down to as Bills fans, how hopeless is our cause?

By the way, the going rate for a developed offensive tackle is every bit as much as a corner back, the only difference being that they are much rarer and take two to three years to develop.

Also, just to inform you on one of the many things I am sure you don't know is that the two easiest positions in the NFL to come in and make an immediate impact are running back and corner, as each position depends more on physical talent and instincts and not as much as knowledge of the game.

So, you would give up a developing offensive tackle to sign a one year tender offer for a CB who will be gone the following year anyways.

What's up with you, do you have some desire to carry his love child or something?

Can't wait to read your response to this.

308314[/snapback]