Apparently StubHub has stopped giving refunds

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

When the company then asks for a public bailout because they wasted their money?  No Sir, I'm a capitalist. Capitalism says they should go out of business.

Or jail if they absconded with money.  One of those white collar jails with maid service.

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

When the company then asks for a public bailout because they wasted their money?  No Sir, I'm a capitalist. Capitalism says they should go out of business.

There is no need for the airline/s to automatically go out of business during this time of economic stress. They should do what other businesses do when they go through hard times: either temporarily downsize or file for bankruptcy and buy itself some time to restructure their businesses. The energy sector has gone from a period of prosperity to a period of financial stress. So because of the turbulent economic climate they will have to lay off workers and shut down some wells until the business climate improves and then go back to making a profit. When you are in a cyclical business you are in a cyclical business where you are required to adjust to the inevitable up and down cycles.  

When the airlines are doing well they want to pocket their profits and be left alone. On the other hand when they run into turbulent times they want the government to step in and bail them out. This is an industry where their business model is to squeeze the shiiit out of its customers. They have not earned my sympathy.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

When the airlines are doing well they want to pocket their profits and be left alone. On the other hand when they run into turbulent times they want the government to step in and bail them out. This is an industry where their business model is to squeeze the shiiit out of its customers. They have not earned my sympathy.  

Agree completely.  When airlines decide to not compete on routes prices doubled and doubled again.When I wanted to fly to Buffalo to see my mother about to move to hospice it cost more than a ticket to California for an hour and half trip.  Before competitors were driven out/bought out prices were competitive.

• Like (+1) 1