The Beatles last album

Beatles Last Album  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you consider to be The Beatles last album?

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Just like the Police.

they were good for fistfights, others were

Cream

Everley Brothers

Beatles weren't physical they just had fun like:

Paul lightheartedly:  "okay, back to the drudgery."

John: "Doesn't have to be drudgery. You cause all the ****ing drudgery."

Yoko: "Go write some more moon/June songs Paul..."

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

they were good for fistfights, others were

Cream

Everley Brothers

Beatles weren't physical they just had fun like:

Paul lightheartedly:  "okay, let's get bad to the drudgery."

John: "Doesn't have to be drudgery. You cause all the ****ing drudgery."

Yoko: "Go write some more moon/June songs Paul..."

Eagles were another good one (for fights).

Don't know how Physical it got, but Creedence is/was a band that still holds huge grudges almost 50 years later. It boils down to the fact that John Fogerty is the creative genius, and while the rest of the remaining members even concede that point, John perceives jealousy that doesn't even really seem to be there.

I've seen Creedence Clearwater Revisited (Doug Clifford, drummer, and Stu Cook, bassist, along with a John Fogerty sound alike) three times live. They always take time out of their show to acknowledge and thank John Fogerty for writing all the songs they played that night. Never a bad word about John. Even met them once, albeit briefly. Really nice guys. They won't publicly disparage John, and only bring him up when asked, and do their best to give their opinion without insulting him. 

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

4 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Don't know how Physical it got, but Creedence is/was a band that still holds huge grudges almost 50 years later. It boils down to the fact that John Fogerty is the creative genius, and while the rest of the remaining members even concede that point, John perceives jealousy that doesn't even really seem to be there.

I've seen Creedence Clearwater Revisited (Doug Clifford, drummer, and Stu Cook, bassist, along with a John Fogerty sound alike) three times live. They always take time out of their show to acknowledge and thank John Fogerty for writing all the songs they played that night. Never a bad word about John. Even met them once, albeit briefly. Really nice guys. They won't publicly disparage John, and only bring him up when asked, and do their best to give their opinion without insulting him. 

was rumored at the time he was playing every instrument on the recordings

his older brother led the band for many years and John took over when they got famous, which was fine by me

that'd make it tough

13 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

his older brother led the band for many years and John took over when they got famous, which was fine by me

that'd make it tough

Oasis brothers went to battle quite a bit.

The original KISS lineup (i.e. - the only good KISS lineup) were fractured by 1978.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, row_33 said:

There's no Creedence to that story though.  (sorry. see what I did there?) That story was denied by everybody, including John himself. 

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

There's no Creedence to that story though.  (sorry. see what I did there?) That story was denied by everybody, including John himself. 

it would have taken 28 hours a day to do all that for the number of albums CCR pumped up in about 18 months

not even John could have done that.

JF was a loose talented cannon, for a later album after all the squawking he insisted they divvy it all up 1/4 each, a total disaster

:(

Edited by row_33

17 hours ago, row_33 said:

it would have taken 28 hours a day to do all that for the number of albums CCR pumped up in about 18 months

not even John could have done that.

JF was a loose talented cannon, for a later album after all the squawking he insisted they divvy it all up 1/4 each, a total disaster

:(

I read a book about the history of the band. It was mostly a compelation of quotes and interviews from the band themselves, and the author just added details, but was otherwise unbiased. There was a story John Fogerty told about Down on the Corner. He'd written it the night before, but came into the studio and pretended to write it, and let them help out so that they could feel like they contributed to it.

I read John's side of the story, and assumed that when I read the other bandmates side, they'd talk about how they actually did help write the song. Nope. They basically said that story is completely untrue. Paraphrasing here, "John wrote the song by himself. We never thought we helped. He's a great songwriter, and I don't know why he thinks he has to drag us through the mud to point that out." 

Yeah, the other band members even admit that Mardi Gras was a weak album except for John's contributions. It seems all four (now three) of them agree that John Fogerty is the most talented member of the band, but John for some reason thinks they don't agree, and are jealous.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I understood nobody but John wanted the Mardi Gras concept

John is extremely driven, kind of shows every time he talks

The most hits churned out in the least time, and didn’t get the $$$ either

Summed up by him being the only star at Woodstock to not “partake” in drugs, with his friends saying they wished he had....

Most of Fogerty's solo work was him on all the instruments. He refused to play Creedence for like 15 years after the breakup. I'd be pissed if I was a casual fan, and paid money for the ticket to not hear Proud Mary or Down on the Corner. The worst thing he did was refuse to play a 15 minute set with them at the HOF ceremony, and instead it was Fogerty and Springsteen, and I believe the rest of the E Street Band. 

However, they recently put their differences aside to make some business decisions. Fogerty didn't like the way they sounded at Woodstock (nobody did besides Hendrix because he played Monday morning after the rain cleared up), so he refused to let it be released. They finally all agreed to allow it to be released, so maybe there's hope for a reunion? 

3 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Most of Fogerty's solo work was him on all the instruments. He refused to play Creedence for like 15 years after the breakup. I'd be pissed if I was a casual fan, and paid money for the ticket to not hear Proud Mary or Down on the Corner. The worst thing he did was refuse to play a 15 minute set with them at the HOF ceremony, and instead it was Fogerty and Springsteen, and I believe the rest of the E Street Band. 

However, they recently put their differences aside to make some business decisions. Fogerty didn't like the way they sounded at Woodstock (nobody did besides Hendrix because he played Monday morning after the rain cleared up), so he refused to let it be released. They finally all agreed to allow it to be released, so maybe there's hope for a reunion? 

I’m also disappointed he acts this way, and hope for a reunion, he has to see what $$$$ can be pulled in from even one tour

I hope Santana liked their Woodstock performance, it was a great public debut and they were the best overall to me (not that huge a fan)

26 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I’m also disappointed he acts this way, and hope for a reunion, he has to see what $$$$ can be pulled in from even one tour

I hope Santana liked their Woodstock performance, it was a great public debut and they were the best overall to me (not that huge a fan)

Santana was fantastic at Woodstock.  So many acts were great.  I can't even come close to narrowing it down at this point.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Santana was fantastic at Woodstock.  So many acts were great.  I can't even come close to narrowing it down at this point.

I should have been more specific. Anybody that played during the middle of the night or the rainstorm wasn't pleased with their performance. The Who come to mind. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Santana performed the best, some bigs names gave less than stellar performances, fully understandable 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Santana performed the best, some bigs names gave less than stellar performances, fully understandable 

Crazy part is Carlos was tripping hard on LSD. He thought that the guitar strings were snakes, and if he played one wrong note, God was gonna strike him dead right then and there.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Crazy part is Carlos was tripping hard on LSD. He thought that the guitar strings were snakes, and if he played one wrong note, God was gonna strike him dead right then and there.

Most recollections are a disaster when that was involved, the Grateful Dead were unknowingly dosed one night, security was beefed up

20 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Obviously all the true music fans here, like @Gugny can all agree that the REAL Woodstock had such classic artists like Kid Rock, Insane Clown Posse, and Limp Bizkit. 

I did it all for the nookie, Joe.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1