Trading Nate a Good Idea?

there are rumours they are talking to the saints about a deal involving darren howard.....

i understand you don't think they have any significant offers on the table........i agree that they shouldn't be applauded as of yet (that's why i stated "shouldn't they be applauded for that as well, if that is the case?")..........

but i also don't feel they should be ridiculed either with zero information that backs up the claim they have no offers on the table.......for all we know, they might have 10 offers.......and for all we know, they are playing this the exact same way TD is playing the travis situation......and if that it the case, it makes little to praise TD for playing that style but trash them for doing the exact same thing......

305146[/snapback]

If that is the case, and if they are willing to pay him the 10 mil if it doesn't work out, then sure they should be applauded. It would be very shrewd. But we don't know anything of the sort. I just don't know what you're asking of people. Maybe I'm wrong but you seem to be condemning people for not applauding yet, because they are already applauding TD.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is the case, and if they are willing to pay him the 10 mil if it doesn't work out, then sure they should be applauded. It would be very shrewd. But we don't know anything of the sort. I just don't know what you're asking of people. Maybe I'm wrong but you seem to be condemning people for not applauding yet, because they are already applauding TD.

305153[/snapback]

i'm condemning people for condemning them because it's based on a lack of information, which does not necessarly entail a lack of offers.......for all we know, they are employing the same strategy as the bills with their asset, holding out for their best deal......if that is the case, it seems incrediably hypocritical to blast them and praise the bills for employing the same methods in disposing of a potential problem........

no need to applaud them yet, but no reason to trash them either.......

How many Franchise and trade scenerios have been pulled off in the NFL, outside of the Peerless Price situation ? Can someone look that up for me ? People here speak like it happens several times a year.

Didn't the Raiders just Franchise Woodsen and now owe him 10 Mil this year ? Where are all the trade offers ? 10 Mil for a CB ?

305043[/snapback]

Joey Galloway was franchised and traded to Dallas after the 1999 season. But you're right, it doesn't happen frequently.