Our schedule next year will be BRUTAL. A plead for patience with the "4 year plan".

ThurmasThoman

6 hours ago, JohnnyGold said:

Next season, the planets will align just right for the AFC East and create a once-every-12-years schedule that is going to be an epic slog.

The teams in the AFC East will play the team in the NFC and AFC west, guaranteeing at least 4 trips to the west coast--and depending on where Houston finishes in the south, a possible extra trip to Houston for one of the AFC East teams.

This is to say nothing of the fact that the 49ers, Seahawks and Chiefs all look great, while the Cardinals, Rams, Chargers and Raiders all seem dangerous. The Broncos seem to be the only dog in the bunch, but for Buffalo, it will be a trip to Mile High--never an easy win.

The last time the scheduling rotation put the AFC East in this position, the Dolphins won the division at 11-5, and the Patriots failed to make the playoffs (granted, Brady wasn't under center that season due to an injury.) 

I know we're all looking towards next year as the year when all of the pieces fall into place and the Bills begin their epic run of dominance... but it might be best to exercise some patience here. It's hard to see ANY team in the AFC east surpassing that 11 win benchmark from 2008.

Edit to include 2 points:

1. I am not saying that our schedule will be tough because of WHO we are playing, but because of WHERE we will be playing. West coast road games are hard.

2. Despite that, if we are going to say that based on this year's record, next years Bills team SHOULD be good, then we can also say that based on this year's record, next years Chiefs, Raiders, Seahawks, 49ers and Rams teams SHOULD also be good.

They host seattle, Rams, Chiefs, chargers, I think they host afc south 

at oakland/vegas, denver, Arizona, San Francisco, I think they are at afc north ( these coukd be switched)