Some mid-season thoughts re Allen and the team

jahnyc

25 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

The Bills are simply too reliant on a passing game that isn't very good.  They need to run the ball more. 

We're (the fans not the coaches) asking Josh to do things at a point in his career that he just can't do with the weapons he has.  Consistent 300 yard games.  20 passing TDs.  He's on an MVP track if that's the case.  

He needs to be elite now in order to reach the unrealistic expectations people have with the talent he has around him. 

That's just not going to happen.   I don't know if he's going to be a hall of Famer but he's going to be this team's QB thru next year minimum.  

So let's do what we can to support the kid and continue to build.  

I believe we're making the playoffs.  I also believe a trip this year is like playing with house money bc we arent a complete team with enough experience together yet.  

We have 9 new starters on offense.  Only an elite vet QB could be putting up the numbers many think he should be putting up right now.  Its unrealistic.  He's made improvements.  He's made a jump.  It's just not a leaps and bounds one.  And that's ok.  If he hasn't improved into a 95 rating area next year at this point we can be concerned.  

I guess those are my mid season thoughts.  

Edited by Big Blitz