Pretty decent article on Ryan Miller

Campy

He's really had a monster season down on the farm. The NHL being off this year could very well be the best thing that's happened to him - I wouldn't be surprised if he's the #1 netminder in Bflo next season.

But man, this really makes me miss hockey :D

Miller has a 39-15-4 record with the AHL's Rochester Americans. With seven regular season games left, including Friday night at Binghamton, he is one victory away from becoming the first AHL goalie to reach 40 victories since former Boston Bruins star Gerry Cheevers set a league record of 48 in 1964-65.

Link thingy.

His number of wins is impressive. Save percentage and goals against are average. Maybe they factored in players with much less ice time. Jeez I miss hockey.!

He's really had a monster season down on the farm.  The NHL being off this year could very well be the best thing that's happened to him - I wouldn't be surprised if he's the #1 netminder in Bflo next season.

Link thingy.

300306[/snapback]

This is why the sabres will kick @$$ when they eventually get back on the ice.

edit: this also gives good justification to not resigning zhitnik the day he became a FA last year. Now they have money to lock up the young guys, plus Z is a year older. (i'd still love to see him come back for a lower salary though!)

This is why the sabres will kick @$$ when they eventually get back on the ice.

That and HOPEFULLY a salary cap to level the playing field. I can't believe that NHL owners are such greedy frigs that they won't agree to revenue share. The NFL has more greedy owners and they are doing it, and the NHL is NOT MLB.

That and HOPEFULLY a salary cap to level the playing field.  I can't believe that NHL owners are such greedy frigs that they won't agree to revenue share.  The NFL has more greedy owners and they are doing it, and the NHL is NOT MLB.

300440[/snapback]

Yea, that's what i meant really. When i see the NHL on the ice in 5 years, i don't see anything like what last was seen. I honestly see this lockout going another year, possibly with scabs playing next year. But, when it's all done and settled, i see a hard salary cap that will make all teams financially competitive.

On a side note, is anyone looking forward to the great hypocricy when the NHLPA players cry out when scabs are in the NHL, but they're still in the eurpoean pro leagues taking someone else's spot? This next "season" will be so much more exciting off ice, simply over the fight over replacement players.

[/tangent]

Yea, that's what i meant really.  When i see the NHL on the ice in 5 years, i don't see anything like what last was seen.  I honestly see this lockout going another year, possibly with scabs playing next year.  But, when it's all done and settled, i see a hard salary cap that will make all teams financially competitive.

One of the big problems that I alluded to above is that the owners don't want league-wide revenue sharing, and want a salary cap tied to percentage of EACH team's revenue. That won't fly. The owners need to smarten-up and look at what the NFL did and is doing, although the NFL seems to be facing some issues with their CBA.

On a side note, is anyone looking forward to the great hypocricy when the NHLPA players cry out when scabs are in the NHL, but they're still in the eurpoean pro leagues taking someone else's spot?  This next "season" will be so much more exciting off ice, simply over the fight over replacement players.

They're already taking spots away from AMERICAN players in the WHL (I think that's the league).

He's really had a monster season down on the farm.  The NHL being off this year could very well be the best thing that's happened to him - I wouldn't be surprised if he's the #1 netminder in Bflo next season.

Link thingy.

300306[/snapback]

I went to the Amerks game at HSBC Arena last weekend. Miller played a very inconsistent game...great saves mixed with a very weak goal that gave the Leafs a brief 3rd period lead (Vanek eventually scored two late goals to give Rochester the win).

It looks like Miller, and the rest of the team, may be tiring down the stretch...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...RTS02/504090315

I went to the Amerks game at HSBC Arena last weekend.  Miller played a very inconsistent game...great saves mixed with a very weak goal that gave the Leafs a brief 3rd period lead (Vanek eventually scored two late goals to give Rochester the win).

It looks like Miller, and the rest of the team, may be tiring down the stretch...

300524[/snapback]

What is an Amerk?

Ohhh i really do miss hockey and my Sabres... i never have a reason to rock my Drury jersey out here in the midwest. Reading about Miller only makes me miss it more.

Great ESPN article here about potential rule changes. I really think the game can be great if a few things are tweaked. I really do look forward to that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...john&id=2023787

Cutesy shortened form of American.  Sports teams gotta have a one-or-two syllable shortened form of their nick....

300753[/snapback]

My cousin, who lives around Rochester owns/runs NFL Fantasy Football co. called Draft Sharks.com (free plug-o) (also the WWCFL-in Vegas FEATURED ON iNSIDE sPORTS ON hbo) bought a table for a recent fundraiser, and he requested Ryan Miller as our celebrity Waiter

The team as a whole did a nice job generating some $ for a worthy cause.

Ryan didn't even want to be a goalie at first-though he'd be having more fun scoring goals, but hid dad had other plans~

Ryan was a

Classy guy that enjoyed the fan support and i wish him well~

I went to the Amerks game at HSBC Arena last weekend.  Miller played a very inconsistent game...great saves mixed with a very weak goal that gave the Leafs a brief 3rd period lead (Vanek eventually scored two late goals to give Rochester the win).

300524[/snapback]

With only 5 games to go until the playoffs begin, the Amerks have lost 6 out of their last 7. Hopefully the can regain some momentum by the playoffs. It would be a shame to see them exit early after the great season they had.