Diggs Available?

4 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

If my memory serves me right, I remember him having great chemistry with Case Keenum and Sam Bradford where he put up solid numbers but has never developed that same chemistry with Cousins.  If he is available, I fully expect Beane will look into it and see why he has had those issues and if it is something a change of scenery might help fix because when he was good, he was one of the best at the position IMO.

He had easily the best season of his career with Cousins last year. It's not a chemistry issue; it's an issue of Minnesota abandoning the passing game right after they paid their star WRs (which to be fair, is working out for them so far this season as Cook has been incredible).

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I echo the sentiment that it is Cousins who is trash. Look at Kyle Rudolph's numbers as well. You have one of the better TE's in the league and he has 8 targets and 4 catches for 20 yards in 3 games? It's insane. Cousins absolutely raped the Vikings for that 84 mill. 

They would've been better off just keeping Teddy... he probably needed another year to sit and get his body right, but walking away like they did was flat out stupid. 

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He had easily the best season of his career with Cousins last year. It's not a chemistry issue; it's an issue of Minnesota abandoning the passing game right after they paid their star WRs (which to be fair, is working out for them so far this season as Cook has been incredible).

You are correct, I just took a second to look up his stats.  Guess my eye test failed me into thinking he was better before Cousins, it always felt like Keenum/Bradford trusted/preferred Diggs and felt like Cousins preferred Thielin.

9 minutes ago, MR8 said:

They would've been better off just keeping Teddy... he probably needed another year to sit and get his body right, but walking away like they did was flat out stupid. 

I think Cousins is roughly an average, maybe above average starter; overpaid for what he is and especially for the role they currently have him playing. Bridgewater at his best fell short of that though. Maybe he eventually gets to that level, but I doubt it and I certainly don't blame Minnesota for not wanting to see if he recovers from that gruesome injury considering he wasn't anything special to begin with.

The confusing thing with Minnesota is that they bring in Cousins and extend two star WRs that are considered arguably the best WR duo in the NFL, and then they decide they don't want to throw the ball anymore. A classic case of front office and coaching staff seemingly being on different pages, but in this case, it's actually working out well.

Edited by DCOrange