Car Insurance Question

I hit a deer and was told it is considered "an act of nature" and had absolutely no effect on my premiums. I only had to pay a 100 dollar deductable and the car looked as good as new. I did get a report and my insurance WAS Geico. Fugg them, I dumped them when I moved because they tried to screw me on home owners insurance.

what time did it happen ? anyone  in the car with you ? i do belive in ny you are to call the police . call your dads agent and ask him what to do .

298599[/snapback]

8pm last night. No one was in car with me. Unfortunately I can't call my dad's agent because I have no clue who it is and he's out of town. I'm going to go rummage through their house tonight and see if I can find it.

8pm last night. No one was in car with me. Unfortunately I can't call my dad's agent because I have no clue who it is and he's out of town. I'm going to go rummage through their house tonight and see if I can find it.

298815[/snapback]

Perhaps the info is in the glove box. Many states require proof of insurance to register a vehicle, and that that info must be carried while the vehicle is operated.

I hit a huge buck on I-40 one night coming back from a Phish show. I did not file a police report, and the buck did about 2 grand worth of damage. Insurance covered all of it except the deductible. Scared the sh*t out of me, I'm just glad I was in a blazer. Those things can kill you if you are not in a big vehicle.

Just wanted to follow up on this.

I told my mother when she was flying in what happened, she told him BUT he thought it was his truck. So when I got to the airport to pick them up in the truck he says to me "alright which side door can't be opened"...I said "it's not the truck it's the car" and I swear to god you could see 10 lbs come off his shoulder.....I'm still wondering if my mom didn't just do that to get him to realize it wasn't that bad.

Anywho, it was covered under comp through their insurance. $2800.00 in damage. I paid the deductible which was only $200.00....and I'm alive.

whatever you do not say you swerved to avoid the deer, that can come back to bite you. friend of mine said she swerved to avoid the deer, insurance company said it was recless driving that she swerved. be careful what you say because insurance companies do not want to pay and they will turn everything around on you!!!! :D

I hit a deer last night and did a significant amount of damage to the vehicle.

Do I need to get a police report filled out in order to report it to the insurance carrier? It's not my vehicle......it's my father's and he's away until tomorrow. I may not be alive after he gets home.... :D

298334[/snapback]