Batted Passes Stats

Billsfan1972

Interesting I can't find where there are stats on QB's and batted passes.  

I will freely admit that I want to see the Bills succeed with a high powered offense and Allen to be the engine (that's what a fan wants).

So he had one int on a pass that Beasley miffed and another on a batted ball (yes and there could have been another two as well).  Generally batted balls fall harmlessly to the ground, but tried to find stats on batted balls & QB's.  Couldn't find any. 

I heard Kyler Murray had 5 week 1 and none were intercepted.  

This to me is an interesting stat and surprised I couldn't find it.

Maybe there are other advanced QB stats such dropped Ints, balls thrown away, accuracy stats that also would be helpful in better assessing a QB's performance.

I saw some tracking of 5 pbu's by front 7 defenders.  I counted 6 as the game progressed so either I miscounted or the one batted ball that ended up being caught by a Jets o-lineman for a loss was not counted.  It would make sense.  It can't be a pbu if a catch was made by an offensive player.  I would bet that over Josh's short career, he has had a less than average amount of tipped/batted passes due to being tall, having a quick release, his depth of target and escaping the pocket so often.  So, I agree with the OP that it would be an interesting stat to track.

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Interesting I can't find where there are stats on QB's and batted passes.  

I will freely admit that I want to see the Bills succeed with a high powered offense and Allen to be the engine (that's what a fan wants).

So he had one int on a pass that Beasley miffed and another on a batted ball (yes and there could have been another two as well).  Generally batted balls fall harmlessly to the ground, but tried to find stats on batted balls & QB's.  Couldn't find any. 

I heard Kyler Murray had 5 week 1 and none were intercepted.  

This to me is an interesting stat and surprised I couldn't find it.

Maybe there are other advanced QB stats such dropped Ints, balls thrown away, accuracy stats that also would be helpful in better assessing a QB's performance.

Really interesting how Frazier said we were top 5 in this last year and it seemed like he wanted to emphasize that fact. When you think about it, it's an easy and interesting stat to track; no reason players/teams shouldn't get credit for this not quite on the level of sacks but almost. Maybe this will start becoming a thing.