Since when did slow-pitch softball bats...

SDS

who decides what a normal bat is?

the asa rates bats and decides if they are approved for asa leagues. Some leagues follow asa rules, some don't.

The funny part is that there is an underground industry of people who will take illegal bats and give them paint jobs so they look like legal bats....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one more hitting tip for you.  If you follow the advice on my last post- keep your chin glued to your shoulder and your back elbow up, turn your wrists and drive your legs- you will line the ball hard.  I like to set up for the outside pitch- I stay off the plate.  If you try and pull an outside pitch it will go up the middle everytime.  If you keep your shoulder up, etc- you will line it right up the middle.  If you drive your legs and get good wrist action you will split the two middle outfielders.  Try it out.  Its almost a guaranteed single or more.

298186[/snapback]

The line drive hitter I mentioned had a very unique swing. He was a lefty that actually appeared to be hitting down on the ball. His style entailed hitting the top half of the ball just above the midpoint (don't ask me how he could see the ball that well). He hit nothing but line drives and the drives would occassionally begin an upwords trajectory and carry out of the park. He was a consisten 750-800 hitter that terrified infielders and occassionaly outfielders. It was interesting to read your comments because he, unlike you, did not have a level swing... he actually appeared to swing down at the ball. Best hitter I ever saw and this was before the advent of the "nuclear bats" that are in use today.

298408[/snapback]

I appear to swing down too- that is what I was saying when my teammates do the Tommahawk chop. I am not kidding- they actually chop and do the chant. I am usually laughing my ass off while I swing. I always swing even but it appears I swing down. I swing at must any pitch and I love the stuff over my head-I plant that stuff in the outfield somewhere. I am not kidding I swing even and drive that sh-- into the ground. My swing always looks like I am chopping down but I swing even every time but get mad wrist action. BTW I have never batten under .700. I can hit singles with the best of them. Singles and baserunners win softball games.