Grits: Yes or no.

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Do you like them regular, creamy or al dente?

LOL.  Tried grits when I worked in south and only time I liked them when one old Southern lady fried them for fussy yankee.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I don’t kibbeh about kibbeh! Or tabouleh for that matter! Who thought THAT was a good idea! It may be healthy, but if that’s what it takes to live for ever, I’ll leave after the third quarter to beat the traffic! ?

I love tabouleh even though I am not fond of olive oil.

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve never cooked polenta or grits, but my wife gets this dish with seared scallops and lavender polenta just about every time we go to our favorite local restaurant.  I’ve had polenta many times, but this is the best I’ve ever had.

Grits can be flavored in many different ways.  I’ve even seen people add honey or maple syrup.

Well, when your options are so limited.....

We have now put salmon in limbo as my wife’s “genetic nutritionalist” tells her that her leg and foot cramps at night may be due to her kidneys not being able to process the level of potassium found in her blood work. Salmon is high in potassium, apparently. Oh, and scallops are just yucky, not blaming that on the docs. I support her 100% and do my own thing while she has shakes and protein bars that show up in boxes at the front door. Tilapia and chicken are going to get old! 

She travels much of the month, but it’s not much fun to cook for one. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Well, when your options are so limited.....

We have now put salmon in limbo as my wife’s “genetic nutritionalist” tells her that her leg and foot cramps at night may be due to her kidneys not being able to process the level of potassium found in her blood work. Salmon is high in potassium, apparently. Oh, and scallops are just yucky, not blaming that on the docs. I support her 100% and do my own thing while she has shakes and protein bars that show up in boxes at the front door. Tilapia and chicken are going to get old! 

She travels much of the month, but it’s not much fun to cook for one. 

I sympathize with ya, brotha.  Cheers.

• Thank you (+1) 1