Instant Replay: Should it Be in Real Time?

Gugny

Instant Replay: Should it Be in Real Time?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should Instant Replay Be in Real Time?

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yes.  

And I'm glad you brought up angles.  I also think, for officiating replay purposes, the replays should be from field-level cameras.  

The 150,000,000 angles, vantage points, views, etc., are fine for the TV viewer.  But what sense does it make for an official review to be viewed in angles that the referee couldn't have possibly had when the play happened?

I don't think it makes any sense at all.  That's not a replay, as far as officiating is concerned.  It's an extra official/officials via cameras.

Aerial or birds eye view is unobstructed and helps provide accurate location in many instances.

Field level camera's would face to many obstructions in my humble opinion Gu.

I like the idea of replay viewed in real speed.

I also like getting the call right and having all concerned in agreement without hurting the natural flow of the game.

(Head Cam on the officials might offer an interesting view.)

Edited by Figster

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Aerial or birds eye view is unobstructed and helps provide accurate location in many instances.

Field level camera's would face to many obstructions in my humble opinion Gu.

I like the idea of replay viewed in real speed.

I also like getting the call right and having all concerned in agreement without hurting the natural flow of the game.

(Head Cam on the officials might offer an interesting view.)

(Head Cam on the officials might offer an interesting view.) .... I like this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Gugny said:

(Head Cam on the officials might offer an interesting view.) .... I like this.

If for no other reason then to help verify an officials accuracy and field vision when making calls.

Hypothetically speaking, lets say everything was determined through the eyes (or head Cam) of an official at field level as you suggest.  Although all other camera angles at different elevations may expose something missed by an official. The determination or outcome would be equally balanced on both teams IMO.  

The way I see it often times a penalty occurs away from the play. Does it hurt the game of football from an entertainment standpoint if missed infractions are equally balanced?

Myself personally, I think not...

Edited by Figster