For everyone complaining about our o-line

The key for Bills fans in this article is the TD quote:

"The offensive line might be the position where coaching is more of a significant factor than any position," Bills general manager Tom Donahoe says. "I think you need a premium offensive line coach, the guy who can take down-the-line guys and free agents and develop them into pretty good pros."

Then what the heck was he thinking allowing GW to hire his buddy Vinklarek as OL coach when Vinky had zero experience as an OL line coach and then to upgrade the position when Vinky was pushed aside by hiring Pat Ruel who had all of 1 year OL coach experience with Detroit.

The main reason I think the focus on Bledsoe was overblown was because the O problems really owed much to the decrepit job with building an OL within a OK to start for very predictable after half a season OL approach under Killdrive.

Bledsoe certainly was inadequate to be much more than a productive #2 for a team (a view TD finally tuned into when he gave him a choice to take a #2 salary or go this off-season after the mistake of resigning him after the 2003 debacle season) but the focus on him as the cause of the problems (rather than simply the facilitator of them by a to-pass happy team) simply igniored the offensive trenches where the lead Bill problem lay.

Thank tipster, yeah it made me feel a lot better too. I think TD experienced some growing pains in his first few years here, but we seem to be on the right track. Don't forget if it werent for a couple bad plays last year we would have been a playoff team. Hopefully we can keep the careless plays from JP to a minimum, cut out the big plays on D and I think we will be ok. Like everyone here says, don't expect a ton from JP, but then again, don't expect him to fumble around and be useless, he WILL step up next year and I expect him to go to be big for us.

Personally I always thought JJ was subpar at best as a left tackle and would have been better suited as a guard on the offensive line. To tell the truth I was almost glad to see him leave Buffalo.

I think this year's line will be a vast improvement over previous years...especially if Teague moves out of the center position

To me this is a telling statement that is the difference between our backs. One is patient and waits for the hole, the other runs to the hole or into his Olinemens ass.

"Corey Dillon is a back who sees the holes and gets into those holes quickly," Patriots line coach Dante Scarnecchia says. "Tom Brady gets the ball out on rhythm, and we have receivers who can get in a pattern fast. That demands a lot less of your offensive line and makes it easier for them."

From a running perspective I can understand where many like Travis's hit the hole hard, but it really isn't under control and very difficult leaning forward trying to make a cut without landing on your ass.

Everyone forgets about the most important part of our line. No, it's not the players. It's not the left tackle or center. It's our coach, McNally.

With McNally at control, I'm not scared about our line at all. He will make us very good there... no need to panic.

Personally I always thought JJ was subpar at best as a left tackle and would have been better suited as a guard on the offensive line.  To tell the truth I was almost glad to see him leave Buffalo.

295037[/snapback]

This is the same thing I thought. I never understood why so many people were/are upset about losing JJ.

Jennings was vastly overpaid by San Fran. Still, losing BOTH he and Marcus Price (33,bad knee, may retire) does sting. McNally can't make a good lineman out of fodder. The scheme is important and can hide some faults.

Right now, I notice the depth chart lists Gandy and McFarland as our 2 LT's. That doesn't give anyone a secure feeling, with a 1st year QB taking over. Teague will have to bounce outside, if Shelton is not aquired. The Draft will not produce a starting caliber LT.

I do recall McNally and TD stating the Lineman would be moved around in mini-camp to see what position is best suited for the team needs. Sounds like Williams is staying at RT but Teague could move to LT, Tucker to Center. Anderson and Chris V. could swith sides at Guard but will probably stay put. Bills should still draft 1 or 2 OL in 3 weeks.

Dont worry, Im sure when the season begins you won't see McFarland and Smith as our starters at LT. We also have the NFL europe players ont he roster. They probably wont be there either once the season starts. The line will be from left to right shelton, villarial teague anderson williams.