Major League Baseball Predction Thread

Its the Yankee stampede!

The Yakees are coming, the Yankees are coming!!!

The Sox's beating begin tonight!!!!!

GO YANKEES!!!

ding ding....its begun!!!

294792[/snapback]

You chumps can cherish an opening season victory all you want ---- but the Red Sox are the World Champs, so deal with it!!!!!!! One game does not a season make.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annmarie, when you are going to talk about an icon like this, you have to make sure you show him the respect he deserves.  It is PUJOLS :doh:

294661[/snapback]

I know,I know. I mustve been half-sleeping when I typed this,because I made another boo-boo,too. Sorry. Fixed. :)

The entire Yankee roster played great tonight.  But i have to admit, it's just not the same without Pedro.

294940[/snapback]

Who are you Bobby Mercer??? .... I swear Mercer and Michael Kay must have to change their shorts at least 10 times a game they get so excited about the farking pinstripes.

Let me outline why I find Red Sox fans to be obnoxious.

1. They think that they are the only ones who hate the Yankees. Fans of other teams have hated the Yankees forever. The only difference is that these teams actually got past them more than once between 1918 and 2004.

That's correct, the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Yankees in 1926 and 1964.

2. The fact that Red Sox fans go to other teams stadiums and think they are the only ones who know anything about baseball. The teams playing may have nothing to do with the Red Sox, but they will be there in scattered numbers and act like they run the place. They will find each other and yell at the top of their lungs "Go Red Sox" and until 2004, they would yell "Nomarrrrrrr!"

Once again correct, St. Louis fans are the only ones who know anything about baseball.

3. Their belief that no city has better fans than them and that no team has a better ballpark.

Once again correct, St. Louis has the best fans and the best ballpark.

4. The obnoxious intellectuals who obsess over the Red Sox in the most nail on the chalkboard ways.

Yes they do.

5. Their perpetuation of this idea that no other team in MLB matters and that it's just them and the Yankees and everything else is scenery and how they get the media to go along with it.

Anything but the Cardinals is scenery.

6. How they complain about how much the Yankees spend, yet they have often have the second highest payroll in baseball.

Highest payroll EVER for a World Champion- 2004 Boston Red Sox

7. Whoops, almost forgot, I also get annoyed by them because they usually double as Patriots fans.

Yeah a lot of them do. I can't stand it either.

Its the Yankee stampede!

The Yakees are coming, the Yankees are coming!!!

The Sox's beating begin tonight!!!!!

GO YANKEES!!!

ding ding....its begun!!!

294792[/snapback]

Why celebrate? It's only been one game. :doh:

I remember last year when ALL Yanks fans were celebrating after a 3-0 start in the LCS only to find themselves humbled after their team CHOKED the WS away!

:devil:

I'm just making my realistic predictions.  I picked St. Louis to sweep the Yankees last year and the Yankees would have gotten swept against us, but they choked against Boston.

294505[/snapback]

:devil::lol::doh::lol::doh::lol:

Did the Cardinals get the memo that they were supposed to participate in the 2004 World Series?

Oh boy here we go again. WHOS the WORLD CHAMPS AGAIN?? WHO IMPLODED When it MATTERS? Thats right the CHOKEES! This is the 1st game of year jesus! Talk to me at end of season when your not Champs again. Lets not do this on the Bills board like last year every single game of the year. Its a long season and I come here to see Bills and football talk not baseball.

294908[/snapback]

But if the $ox won 8-2 you would be romancing about Red Sox baseball....as for me, its only one game, thats it.

And all you got right now is to whine about "this is a Bills board, and let's not talk about baseball?" My goodness that is so weak.

The Red Sox' only chance of repeating as champs was to keep their entire lineup intact.  That was a miracle season, but it's over now.

294992[/snapback]

I would not say it was a miracle season last year, it was tough to watch that as a Yankees fan, but the Red Sox were a damn good team last year, Pedro and Schilling were better then anything the Yankees could throw at them, and their lineup was great too.

The thing that turns me off about the Red Sox is the fact that they have the "best fans in baseball" yet they play in a tiny ballpark that should sell out with the size of the population around the city. They STILL complain about the payroll disparity yet have the second highest in the game.

....and it didn't help that they allow Jimmy Fallon and Drew Berrymore to run on the field after the Sox won that one game in the playoffs for a scene in a movie.

Hmmm let me think

Yankees 200 million dollar payroll

Boston 150 million

Atlanta 100 million

Seattle 95 million

I am going with my Pirates and there 35 million dollar payroll!!! WOOHOOO

I used to love Baseball until about 1993. Then the player got greedy and ruined the leageue!

Hockeys well on there way as well.

Hey, if the Cardinals won the series they would of been the highest payroll to win it! St Louis fans, great fans but way too passive... Face it NL was no match for AL last year. When I think of the Cards I think of Big Mac? tarnished! Greatest rivalry YANKS SOXS hands down.

Let me outline why I find Red Sox fans to be obnoxious.

1. They think that they are the only ones who hate the Yankees. Fans of other teams have hated the Yankees forever. The only difference is that these teams actually got past them more than once between 1918 and 2004.

That's correct, the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Yankees in 1926 and 1964.

2. The fact that Red Sox fans go to other teams stadiums and think they are the only ones who know anything about baseball. The teams playing may have nothing to do with the Red Sox, but they will be there in scattered numbers and act like they run the place. They will find each other and yell at the top of their lungs "Go Red Sox" and until 2004, they would yell "Nomarrrrrrr!"

Once again correct, St. Louis fans are the only ones who know anything about baseball.

3. Their belief that no city has better fans than them and that no team has a better ballpark.

Once again correct, St. Louis has the best fans and the best ballpark.

4. The obnoxious intellectuals who obsess over the Red Sox in the most nail on the chalkboard ways.

Yes they do.

5. Their perpetuation of this idea that no other team in MLB matters and that it's just them and the Yankees and everything else is scenery and how they get the media to go along with it.

Anything but the Cardinals is scenery.

6. How they complain about how much the Yankees spend, yet they have often have the second highest payroll in baseball.

Highest payroll EVER for a World Champion- 2004 Boston Red Sox

7. Whoops, almost forgot, I also get annoyed by them because they usually double as Patriots fans.

Yeah a lot of them do.  I can't stand it either.

294970[/snapback]

Congratulations to my beloved Yankees for an opening day victory. Let's hope they can repeat it tomorrow night and have a great season. Randy impressed me very much last night with all the pressure of pitching this rivalry in the Bronx on opening night and he sparkled.

However, it's one game and I for one, will not get into this debate so early in this season. I can't stand the Red Sox but applaud them for what they did last year. But this is 2005 and 2004 is over so let's see how the year plays out.

Good luck Yankees and Go Bills!!

People seem to forget the baseball season is a marathon! Sox had a great season last year. Will be tough to duplicate but they will go neck & neck again.

I would not say it was a miracle season last year, it was tough to watch that as a Yankees fan, but the Red Sox were a damn good team last year, Pedro and Schilling were better then anything the Yankees could throw at them, and their lineup was great too.

294997[/snapback]

AL East: NY Yankees

AL Central: Twins (Tigers, Tribe close)

AL West: Los Angeles Angels

AL Wildcard: Red Sox

American League Champion: NY Yankees

NL East: Braves

NL Central: Cards

NL West: San Francisco Giants

NL Wildcard: Phillies

National League Champions: Phillies

World Series Champions: NY Yankees