Magic Johnson

Money. You can buy cars, boats, hell, even planes. It can make ugly men get laid by the hottest chicks ever. It can buy you the ability to behead your wife and a waiter and get off scott free. And apparently, it can buy you the cure for AIDS. Just imagine if no one had ever handed him a basketball. He would have died from this disease years and years ago.

Money. You can buy cars, boats, hell, even planes. It can make ugly men get laid by the hottest chicks ever. It can buy you the ability to behead your wife and a waiter and get off scott free. And apparently, it can buy you the cure for AIDS. Just imagine if no one had ever handed him a basketball. He would have died from this disease years and years ago.

293320[/snapback]

Exactly when did he get off Scott?

293320[/snapback]

I remember a story with Magic about Wilt bedding 10,000 women, and he said he estimated he did 5,000. So why to we sympathize with Magic when he could have potentially killed 5,000 women. That makes him WORSE than OJ

I remember a story with Magic about Wilt bedding 10,000 women, and he said he estimated he did 5,000.  So why to we sympathize with Magic when he could have potentially killed 5,000 women.  That makes him WORSE than OJ

293336[/snapback]

Well, that's a bit of a stretch. First, Magic could have cought HIV from any of those women, from the first one, to the last one. Second, and more poingant, is the fact the he wasn't aware that he had HIV, and those women were just as responsible for making sure there was protection being used as he was.

293320[/snapback]

Don't hand him a basketall and it's possible he doesn't even get HIV. :devil:

I remember a story with Magic about Wilt bedding 10,000 women, and he said he estimated he did 5,000.  So why to we sympathize with Magic when he could have potentially killed 5,000 women.  That makes him WORSE than OJ

293336[/snapback]

Wilt claimed 20,000 in his biography. A couple of years later at a party, the late Dick Schaap introduced Wilt to another old guy and said, "Between the 3 of us, we've been with 20,002 women." Wilt replied, "Dick, that book came out 2 years ago."

He got HIV from a basketball?

293343[/snapback]

No, but you could argue that being an NBA star gave him the opportunity to sleep with thousands of women. If he is just a regular guy, maybe that girl with aids wouldn't interested in him.

I would not be totally shocked if Magic is cured.  I still have this feeling there is a vaccine out there to cure AIDS, maybe its only available to the very wealthy, who knows.

If he isnt cured, he sure is holding up well.

293554[/snapback]

Vaccines won't cure a disease but they can prevent you from contracting it. The problem with the HIV is that it mutates so much and so often, which makes it almost impossible to create a vaccine against it. There's a fairly new strain that seems to be highly resistant to drugs and is rapidly progressive that is surfacing in the gay community (see the stories on crystal meth sex parties). HIV/AIDS could get even uglier that it already is.

RTB

I would not be totally shocked if Magic is cured.  I still have this feeling there is a vaccine out there to cure AIDS, maybe its only available to the very wealthy, who knows.

If he isnt cured, he sure is holding up well.

293554[/snapback]

For those who can afford the medication, like Magic and many others in this country, HIV is no longer a death sentence. It is, essentially, a chronic health problem that can be kept under control and may never progress into full-blown AIDS. However, there is still not a cure.

Don't be too hard on Magic. He also heads up the Magic Johnson Foundation which provides generous funding for progams for underpriveleged kids. Overall, not a bad guy - just one who suffered from the "kid in a candy store" syndrome. Pretty common among stars - he was just unlucky.

Counting his money. He own more Starbucks stores than the Milky Way.

I've read this 5 times and still have no clue what the hell it means.

293976[/snapback]

It's very clear. You see, Magic Johnson owns a lot of Starbucks, but the Milky Way used to own a WHOLE lot of Starbucks and no one ever thought that the Milky Way would be surpassed as the celestial event that would own more Starbucks. But Magic, though not a celestial event, does own more than...ummm...err...uhhh..

Yeah, okay. No !@#$ing clue, either.

I've read this 5 times and still have no clue what the hell it means.

293976[/snapback]

"The only writing you'll do is in collaboration with an owl''. ''I STILL have no idea what he meant.."--Woody Allen on statement by his father..

I would not be totally shocked if Magic is cured. I still have this feeling there is a vaccine out there to cure AIDS, maybe its only available to the very wealthy, who knows.

come on, are you kidding with this? Are you wearing a tinfoil hat?

This guy must be dumb. To think the rich Like Magic and Elton John have access to medical resources we don't is CRAZY! The rich and super rich take advil for everything just like our HMO doctors tell us to do. There are no secret anythings. No secrets kept from the common folks. And if the elite tried to keep secrets from us they would get out in our Democratic Free Press almost as fast as they were spoken. Thank God for our free press.

Good going saying this guy must be wearing a tin foil hat. That's the way to police our own kind and save the elite the trouble.