2019 NFL Draft - Day 1 Debrief

Gunner, in what order would you take remaining players as a Bills GM? Do you follow your order or take needs into consideration?

Also, in your order of remaining players, are those concerns you mention already factored in their positions? I.e. Taylor is no. 3 before or after you consider injury concern?

23 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Gunner, in what order would you take remaining players as a Bills GM? Do you follow your order or take needs into consideration?

Also, in your order of remaining players, are those concerns you mention already factored in their positions? I.e. Taylor is no. 3 before or after you consider injury concern?

Taylor was ranked before the injury concern. The reason I was lower than most on him is because to me he is RT only which limits value in my eyes. 

If Greedy is still there when we go on the clock I'd have a hard time not taking him to be honest - he is sticking out as BPA on my board now. The next batch after that: Taylor, Thompson, Ferguson and Murphy are all basically graded within 0.1 of a point of each other so if Greedy is gone then I'd consider positional need. To me the question then becomes Taylor's injury. Without it I'd be between him and Ferguson. With it I'd lean towards the edge rusher. 

But I think we are pretty sure to get a good player at #40. After that top 10 I posted it is:

11. DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

12. Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

13. Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State

14. Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State

15. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

No.  We don't have enough to move our 3rd round pick up to the 2nd round.

round 2  #40         500 points

round 3  #74         225 points

4      #112             78

4      #131              41

5       #147              32           

5        #151              31

Both our 4th and both our 5th add up to 175 points.

To move our 3rd to the middle of the 2nd round takes 195 points.

You could move up to the 18th pick in the 2nd round, but would miss out on probably all the players that people have been talking about in this thread

Our top 4th round pick could move us up to the 28th pick in the 2nd round, but I don't know if there is somebody there we want.

I disagree - both with the Jimmy Johnson chart in 2019, and the premise. Look at the return on the trades up into the back end of the first last night. 37, 132, and 142 bought pick 30. 45 & 79 bought 31 & 203.

If we wanted to move up from 74 into round 2 it would probably be something along the lines of 74, 131, & 147. That would be roughly in line with what we saw last night to pop up to the 55-60 range. If we wanted to keep 74, but get another day 2 pick then 112, 131, and 158 would likely get us another selection in the mid to late 3rd. Or we could see a combination. 74, 131, & 181 to the Chargers for pick 60. Then 112, 147, and 158 to the Ravens for 85. Obviously it would be player driven, but that's just one scenario.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm thinking we will stay put and draft the best player that falls. If we liked anyone enough to trade up we would have already done it with the Rams. Wouldn't surprise me if there are 10 or more players the Bills would be happy to draft at 40.

If that's true, trade back? and pick up an additional 3rd? 4th?