RB Shaun Alexander to be dealt on draft day?

The feeling is after the big 3 RBs are drafted (Benson, Brown, and Williams) the interest in Alexander, Edjerrin James and Travis Henry will pick up. There is as many as 5 out of the top 8 teams picking in the draft looking for RBs. Could this endanger Buffalo's chances of dealing TH to Arizona? I don't think I like the sounds of this draft day scenario. We all better expect the unexpected come draft day.

The feeling is after the big 3 RBs are drafted (Benson, Brown, and Williams) the interest in Alexander, Edjerrin James and Travis Henry will pick up. There is as many as 5 out of the top 8 teams picking in the draft looking for RBs. Could this endanger Buffalo's chances of dealing TH to Arizona? I don't think I like the sounds of this draft day scenario. We all better expect the unexpected come draft day.

291015[/snapback]

Alexander's and James' contracts leave them looking at only the teams with enough cap room to sign them. By draft day this will narrow the field to zero teams. Plus, I've never seen a team take on that kind of cap hit on draft day. Never.

Could this endanger Buffalo's chances of dealing TH to Arizona? I don't think I like the sounds of this draft day scenario. We all better expect the unexpected come draft day.

291015[/snapback]

Of course it could. It also could HELP. Think about if Arizona were looking to select one of the 3 backs. The cards are drafting 8th. In front of them it's forseeable that Miami, Cleveland, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, and Minnesota COULD look at taking one of the RBs if they like them enough. So there are pretty good odds that Arizona would be shut out of those backs. Now how willing do you think they would be to make a trade to get Henry?

I don't know if I want to take the chance. I would prefer to see the trade happen before the draft so that we would know what needs there are. I just hope they don't blow it. This could be a gamble but sometimes it works out in the end..

Alexander's and James' contracts leave them looking at only the teams with enough cap room to sign them. By draft day this will narrow the field to zero teams. Plus, I've never seen a team take on that kind of cap hit on draft day. Never.

291162[/snapback]

I think the titans took on a pretty big hit when they picked up Kevin Carter in 2001, same goes for the Chiefs when they got Trent Green.

In general it's rare, but as long as these teams can maneuver under the cap until july or so when they can negotiate long term contracts for these guys they'll be fine.

SEA averaged just under 3K less than a sellout for their home dates.

Alexander po'd some with his child outburst re rush title.

He wants top buck.

They may well say ta-ta to the sensitive one.

Perhaps TH might be a consideration for them...dunno. They have a 3rd round compensatory pick to dicker with, BTW.

Yep, but when you have them in your back pocket, possibilities for your tradable ones takes on a different light.

291320[/snapback]

yeah, like having a compensatory 3rd round pick so you can trade your 3rd and 4th to leapfrog Pittsburgh to draft Ryan Denney over Antwan Randel-El and save your 3rd for Coy Wire :P

The Seattle Times doesn't know what they're talking about. Alexander and James have been on trading for weeks now, yet Denny Green only just last week said that the Cards are still very interested in Travis. Nothing has changed, unless Alexander and/or James have agreed to lower their salary demands to $3M a year, which I doubt.

The Seattle Times doesn't know what they're talking about.  Alexander and James have been on trading for weeks now, yet Denny Green only just last week said that the Cards are still very interested in Travis.  Nothing has changed, unless Alexander and/or James have agreed to lower their salary demands to $3M a year, which I doubt.

291477[/snapback]

Travis hasn't either. Travis is looking for and has publicly stated he wants Jordan money which is 4 year 24 million or 6 million per year.

James and Alexander are asking for a little longer deals and are around 7 years 42 million. The difference is James and Alexander want about 11-12 million in bonus , Travis wants again Jordan bonus money that was 7 million. From a cap hit standpoint they are very equal. The only difference is it will be cheaper to get rid of Travis in 2 years if he doesn't pan out. It would be impossible for a team to unload Edge or Alexander before 4 years.

But overall money is really very equal in what Travis thinks he deserves and what the other two want, especially from a year to year cap point and that is a large part of the issue.

SEA averaged just under 3K less than a sellout for their home dates. 

Alexander po'd some with his child outburst re rush title.

He wants top buck.

They may well say ta-ta to the sensitive one.

Perhaps TH might be a consideration for them...dunno. They have a 3rd round compensatory pick to dicker with, BTW.

291296[/snapback]

I don't see it because Holmgren is getting rid of Alexander mostly because he's not a good blocker and is only an average receiver. The other stuff is only what sealed the deal. The only difference between Travis and Alexander is the price and the fact that TH isn't a homerun threat.

Keep in mind Holmgren traded Ahman Green because he was a fumbler. No way he'd put up with TH.

Travis hasn't either.  Travis is looking for and has publicly stated he wants Jordan money which is 4 year 24 million or 6 million per year.

James and Alexander are asking for a little longer deals and are around 7 years 42 million.  The difference is James and Alexander want about 11-12 million in bonus , Travis wants again Jordan bonus money that was 7 million.  From a cap hit standpoint they are very equal.  The only difference is it will be cheaper to get rid of Travis in 2 years if he doesn't pan out.  It would be impossible for a team to unload Edge or Alexander before 4 years. 

But overall money is really very equal in what Travis thinks he deserves and what the other two want, especially from a year to year cap point and that is a large part of the issue.

291490[/snapback]

What Travis says and what's reality are two completely different things. C'mon now, not even Travis believes he's going to get 6 million a year. :P

All that Travis wants now is out of here.

Au contraire.  I've heard Travis say he'd be willing to play-out the remainder of his contract.

291569[/snapback]

But it is in writing that he wants it.

NFL Network reports Travis Henry is hurting his trade value with exhorbitant contract demands.

Henry reportedly wants a $7 million signing bonus to match LaMont Jordan before a deal is completed. While the money may sound reasonable, teams aren't thrilled to pay a draft pick and big bucks with the glut of talent available in the draft and on the market. Mar. 11 - 7:30 pm et

But it is in writing that he wants it.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Henry has a year remaining on his contract. There has been some talk that Henry would be unhappy about any deal unless the new team was willing to give him a contract extension.

Engelhard said that is "100 percent erroneous."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050...?tbd1010449.asp

And Travis and Englehard also said the deal was Shelton for Travis strightup, but Donahoe revealed today it isn't. Of course you continue you support the pet rock, when Donahoe talks and reveals things , which is rare, he usually doesn't lie.

Engelhard, who has the Bills' permission to discuss potential trades for his client with other teams, has said the Arizona Cardinals are prepared to send to Buffalo starting left tackle L.J. Shelton in a one-for-one deal. Donahoe denied that, saying the Cardinals want more, which is unacceptable for the Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/8342286

And Travis and Englehard also said the deal was Shelton for Travis strightup, but Donahoe revealed today it isn't.  Of course you continue you support the pet rock, when Donahoe talks and reveals things , which is rare, he usually doesn't lie. 

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/8342286

TD rarely lies? Come on, VA! I love TD, but I believe what he says about as far as I can throw him. I've heard about the Shelton for Henry and a swap of 2nd rounders from numerous sources. I haven't heard a SINGLE report about the Cards wanting more than just Henry. But again, the link I provided proves that Henry is willing to play-out the final year of his deal and not look for a huge payday, so that makes him a lot more attractive than guys like Alexander and James, and I already showed you that his best season still blows-away Jordan's CAREER stats. And if the Cards/Green are stupid enough to demand something more for Travis when they've got Shelton making $3M and has some pretty pedestrian stats sitting on their bench (if he shows up at all), they're not going to move him at all.