RB Shaun Alexander to be dealt on draft day?

TD rarely lies?  Come on, VA!  I love TD, but I believe what he says about as far as I can throw him.  I've heard about the Shelton for Henry and a swap of 2nd rounders from numerous sources.  I haven't heard a SINGLE report about the Cards wanting more than just Henry.  But again, the link I provided proves that Henry is willing to play-out the final year of his deal and not look for a huge payday, so that makes him a lot more attractive than guys like Alexander and James, and I already showed you that his best season still blows-away Jordan's CAREER stats.  And if the Cards/Green are stupid enough to demand something more for Travis when they've got Shelton making $3M and has some pretty pedestrian stats sitting on their bench (if he shows up at all), they're not going to move him at all.

291639[/snapback]

Well I have seen some various sources saying other teams are inquiring. Arizona wants picks this year though, not next and that seems to be holding up some of the offers.

But show me where TD has outright lied. usually when he speaks it is in riddles. But he he flat out says something like this, it is usually the truth. Also, are you honestly going to believe an agent, and his pet rock?

Well I have seen some various sources saying other teams are inquiring.  Arizona wants picks this year though, not next and that seems to be holding up some of the offers.

I've heard the best they can get is equal to a high-4th rounder, which includes a pick next year. If that's the best they can do, AND they want Travis and a pick, Green is smoking crack again.

But show me where TD has outright lied.  usually when he speaks it is in riddles.  But he he flat out says something like this, it is usually the truth.  Also, are you honestly going to believe an agent, and his pet rock?

Travis and his agent are looking to get out of Buffalo, period. TD OTOH is trying to maximize value for Travis. Who has more of a reason to lie/deceive in this situation?

I've heard the best they can get is equal to a high-4th rounder, which includes a pick next year.  If that's the best they can do, AND they want Travis and a pick, Green is smoking crack again.

Travis and his agent are looking to get out of Buffalo, period.  TD OTOH is trying to maximize value for Travis.  Who has more of a reason to lie/deceive in this situation?

291646[/snapback]

The pet rock and his agent, because they can then start busting the door down on a new Front office looking for a long term deal.

Travis hasn't either.  Travis is looking for and has publicly stated he wants Jordan money which is 4 year 24 million or 6 million per year.

James and Alexander are asking for a little longer deals and are around 7 years 42 million.  The difference is James and Alexander want about 11-12 million in bonus , Travis wants again Jordan bonus money that was 7 million.  From a cap hit standpoint they are very equal.  The only difference is it will be cheaper to get rid of Travis in 2 years if he doesn't pan out.  It would be impossible for a team to unload Edge or Alexander before 4 years. 

But overall money is really very equal in what Travis thinks he deserves and what the other two want, especially from a year to year cap point and that is a large part of the issue.

291490[/snapback]

Cards have very little risk. From Cards perspective, they are willing to cut Shelton if they can't deal him. If they trade him for HEnry, Henry can complain all he wants, but he will play in 2005 under his contract if he has to because that is th only way to get a big payday. Even if he walks after 2005, the Cards will have gotten at least 1 year's value and probably will extend him at some point.

Cards have very little risk. From Cards perspective, they are willing to cut Shelton if they can't deal him. If they trade him for HEnry, Henry can complain all he wants, but he will play in 2005 under his contract if he has to because that is th only way to get a big payday. Even if he walks after 2005, the Cards will have gotten at least 1 year's value and probably will extend him at some point.

291811[/snapback]

Actually I don't believe the Cards are cutting Shelton. they have two OL on the trading blocks rigt now, Shelton and Clement. There are certain media sources that are saying Shelton maybe cut if he isn't traded. From talking with a Cards fan and reading beyond the basic info, it is Clement that will be cut if not traded, and Shelton will be retained. There is even talk that even though Green has said the line is set that if Shelton is on the team come the season he will proabbly be the starting guard.

yeah, like having a compensatory 3rd round pick so you can trade your 3rd and 4th to leapfrog Pittsburgh to draft Ryan Denney over Antwan Randel-El and save your 3rd for Coy Wire :D

291327[/snapback]

Now you will be flooded with emails saying the Draft is a crapshoot...Enjoy :blink:

What Travis says and what's reality are two completely different things. C'mon now, not even Travis believes he's going to get 6 million a year.  :blink:

All that Travis wants now is out of here.

291555[/snapback]

Last year Deuce Staley signed a contract with the Steelers that gave him

approximately 4m signing bonus and about 3M a year contract. I don't

see anyone paying more than that for Henry when gets traded.

Actually I don't believe the Cards are cutting Shelton.  they have two OL on the trading blocks rigt now, Shelton and Clement.  There are certain media sources that are saying Shelton maybe cut if he isn't traded.  From talking with a Cards fan and reading beyond the basic info, it is Clement that will be cut if not traded, and Shelton will be retained.  There is even talk that even though Green has said the line is set that if Shelton is on the team come the season he will proabbly be the starting guard.

Except that Shelton wants OUT like Henry, and may sit-out for half the season, also like Henry. And TD has a lot more to gain (not to mention the mental ability to do it) by employing deception and chicanery because even if Henry gets traded to the Cards and plays out his $1.25M deal as a starter, it's FAR better than being a backup or worse yet sitting-out half the season (in which case he'll lose half his money) and see his market value die.