Telemarketers.

When my kids were little and we'd get these calls, I used give the phone to them and let them talk to the telemarketers. That was great, free entertainment.

Nowadays, as the boys are all growed up, I have caller ID. End of problem. I also think my son registered us on the do not call list, but I swear they keep calling anyway.

Those of you with little ones, I strongly urge you use the method of letting THEM talk to the telemarketers. You won't regret it. :doh:

I had to take my car in early Saturday morning, to get my front headlight bulb replaced.  I could not figure out how to change it myself, as I am mechanically challenged when it comes to cars. 

Anyway, the only place open that early was Firestone.  I go in and say, "I need my front right headlight bulb replaced".  The say, it will cost $30.00  I say fine, just do it.  (I can't believe I am paying $30 to change a light bulb!!!)  So, it takes like an hour and a half, and when they are finally done, the little hottie working behind the counter, says "the mechanic says you have severe back tire rot, would you like for us to change your back tires?"  "NO" I say, because I know the tires are fine. 

She comes back again and says "the mechanic says your wind shield wipers could use replacing, would you like us to change them for you?"  "NO!" 

She goes through another few things that someone has obviously told her to sell me on.  I just explain to her that I can change the wipers myself (I am not that mechanically challenged!), and I just want to pay and get out of there.  She rings me up (it ends up being $36 bucks!), and on the receipt, at the bottom, it has a whole list of work that I "declined" as recommended by their mechanic.  None of the things listed were things she mentioned.  What a scam these places are! 

Sorry for the rant!  And another thing......

290357[/snapback]

If she's a little hottie like you say, just stare at her boobage and drool.

#1, it's illegal for anyone to call you back after you have told them to stop.

#2, get a whistle. A loud whistle. When they call again, make sure it's them, then blow the whistle as loud as you can and hang up.

290768[/snapback]

Take a cheap smoke detector, bring the mouthpiece to it, and push the test button.

Tell them that by continuing the phone call they agree to pay $100 per minute at a minimum charge of $500 and every phone call from the sponsoring company thereafter carries the same minimum charge. Then ask them for a name and billing address.