Prospects mocked to Buffalo in R1

TigerJ

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills haven't had many UM players but they naturally had to take two of my least favorites........Roscoe and Willis.........and of course Donahoe outsmarted himself by taking Big Mike Williams instead of just doing the OBVIOUS right thing and taking Bryant McKinnie.

The McGahee pick put me off of doing full draft process analysis and even watching the draft live.

I still follow CFB and the draft process closely but merely for my own entertainment............watching TD work his deranged magic cured me of expectations for the Bills on draft day.    

Same here and I must admit that the draft process does continue to amaze me. I have lived through SO many yet I still find them hard to fully grasp.

I know that you liked the Watkins trade more than I did but I will never know how an owner could give a GM like Whaley license to trade away our best resources, under any circumstances. It was obvious that Whaley had zero self control.

Also, it amazes me that ALL teams passed on Foster and Wallace. I was positive that they would be drafted.....not early mind you. Wallace was a bit too skinny and perhaps even a half step slower than ideal, but he was a tremendously hard worker at Alabama. Other players (including Ridley who practiced against him) talked about this.

Foster didn't see much playing time but Bama was MUCH more of a running team than they are now, and his blazing speed was evident. We really lucked out getting him because he has a lot of room to get even better with experience and has fresh legs.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Oh please. Are you forgetting about 2004 when TD snagged JP, Tiny Tim Anderson, and Lil Tim Euhus?

How dare you besmirch that man's reputation.

Which was worse, that or Levy/Jauron in rounds 1-4 in 2006. He actually traded UP wind up with that garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Which was worse, that or Levy/Jauron in rounds 1-4 in 2006. He actually traded UP wind up with that garbage.

If we're talking OVERALL, 2004 was much, much worse. Lee Evans had a fine career, but he was literally the only draft pick to contribute positively. I suppose Losman did have that amazing 20 TD season! Anderson: NOTHING. Euhus/USELESS. McFarland: Nothing. Fast Freddie Smith: CampStar. They didn't have very many picks because of trades. Probably a good thing.

2006 is ridiculed because they reached on Whitner and busted on McCargo, but it was a much better overall draft. Whitner was actually a DECENT player. McCargo/Pennington/Merz: Trash. But Youboty, Ko Simpson, Keith Ellison, and Brad Butler all had a modicum of success. Then there was KYLE WILLIAMS in the 5th round.(I note that you referenced rounds 1-4, but I wanted to besmirch TD as much as possible here).

So while that 2006 draft gets a lot of heat for Whitner and McCargo, it was actually decent overall, especially compared to Tom freaking Donahoe.

Not sure if I was clear about this, but I HATED Tom freaking Donahoe. Guy couldn't even spell his own name. Should be Donahue.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/7/2019 at 11:29 PM, GreggTX said:

Ouch! I agree with some that say H Phillips hasn't proven himself. I'm thinking a guy like Oliver that you could move around would be a good fit. I like to forgive youthful transgressions, but Simmons sounds like too much risk and a lot of bad publicity. He doesn't sound like a McBeane kinda guy to me.

Harrison Phillips isn’t a penetrator like Kyle was. He’s a solid run stuffer. 35 total tackles for minimal playing time is solid for a rookie DT IMO. He has much to learn but growth is to be expected. That being said, another player is certainly needed. 

Oliver would definitely be a nice talent to have. Any player that has the talent and the versatility to play multiple positions on the front 7 will be considered I’m sure.