Scouts Inc. draft grades

Scouts Inc. gives Aaron Rodgers 98, and Alex Smith 97.

If they say that Phillip Rivers is way better than Aaron Rodgers then what was Phillip Rivers a 100.  These dudes have to create a benchmark to create their grades.  Just a little tuesday morning beef

OUT

289760[/snapback]

They had Rivers at 99 along with Mannings and a couple other players last year. This has been discussed, this draft doesn't have the instant star quality that last years draft had, but from rounds 1-4 is a whole lot deeper with solid depth.

They had Rivers at 99 along with Mannings and a couple other players last year.  This has been discussed, this draft doesn't have the instant star quality that last years draft had, but from rounds 1-4 is a whole lot deeper with solid depth.

289762[/snapback]

There's solid depth in certain spots, but not in others. For instance, there's a good crop of centers and guards in this draft, but the tackles are very weak.

There's solid depth in certain spots, but not in others.  For instance, there's a good crop of centers and guards in this draft, but the tackles are very weak.

289765[/snapback]

Well it's like last year, there were 3-4 good QB's and then a huge drop off. Last year you had the 2 stud LB'ers and that was it. This year I think it is about 6-7 deep with 1st round possibilities.

What's 6 or 7 deep? The tackles? I hope you're not insinuating that. Barron and Brown are the only surefire first round picks, Barnes could be one, but that's it. The rest (Britt, Terry, Colmer, Munoz, Parquet, and the others) are definitely a cut below them and won't be taken until after the first round.

What's 6 or 7 deep?  The tackles?  I hope you're not insinuating that.  Barron and Brown are the only surefire first round picks, Barnes could be one, but that's it.  The rest (Britt, Terry, Colmer, Munoz, Parquet, and the others) are definitely a cut below them and won't be taken until after the first round.

289780[/snapback]

LB'ers. Follow along. I was talking about line backers. Last year was really only 2 deep.

LB'ers.  Follow along.  I was talking about line backers.  Last year was really only 2 deep.

289794[/snapback]

True, much like the tackles are this year. The same way Jammal Brown is being overvalued (one mock draft has him being taken by the Cowboys to be their starting RIGHT tackle) is the same way Karlos Dansby was overvalued last year. Both are good, but because the rest of the field was so weak, they became enhanced by the draftniks and the media.

There's solid depth in certain spots, but not in others.  For instance, there's a good crop of centers and guards in this draft, but the tackles are very weak.

289765[/snapback]

When in trouble

When in doubt

Take a kicker

It will work out.

- Burma Shave.

When in trouble

When in doubt

Take a kicker

It will work out.

-  Burma Shave.

289799[/snapback]

I didn't realize that kickers and punters worked out in the weight room.

"It puts the lotion... in the basket!"

CW

Anyone think if JP Losman was in this draft that he would not be the number one quarterback taken and likely in the top five picks because of it?

Good job, TD.

289834[/snapback]

No Losman by Scouts was an 89, which would have him being an early 2nd rounder and where everyone thought he should have been picked last year. Losman was a streth pick by TD and if you go back and read, everywhere it was written as such last year.

No Losman by Scouts was an 89, which would have him being an early 2nd rounder and where everyone thought he should have been picked last year.  Losman was a streth pick by TD and if you go back and read, everywhere it was written as such last year.

289858[/snapback]

I'll admit that's a possibility; however, Green Bay and St. Louis both said that they were targetting him with their first round pick.

Doesn't mean multiple teams weren't willing to reach for him.

CW

I'll admit that's a possibility; however, Green Bay and St. Louis both said that they were targetting him with their first round pick.

Doesn't mean multiple teams weren't willing to reach for him.

CW

289863[/snapback]

I didn't say that. But what I did say was he would not be the #1 Qb taken if he was in this years draft.

But we did stretch to pick him as early as we did.

I didn't say that. But what I did say was he would not be the #1 Qb taken if he was in this years draft. 

But we did stretch to pick him as early as we did.

289868[/snapback]

I don't think so. Green Bay and The Raiders I think were both trying to trade up to get him in the first. Furthermore, I have not only read in more than one place that some draft guys think none of the top QBs this year are equal to the top four of last year, but that several NFL teams had JP rated equal to or just below Rivers, Eli and Big Ben.

Most of the lowering of his potential was based on seemingly baseless character and egos issues, as the teams that actually interviewed him came away liking his attitude and finding it a plus not a minus. Everyone seemingly agreed that he was very raw, but all I am saying is that if he was put up against the two guys this year, and looked at by these same GMs, from what I have read, JP would be considered as good as them or better as a prospect. Obviously, Scouts is not the end all of draftniks and ratings and seemed to miss the boat on Losman compared to what other coaches and GMs around the league think.

I find it curious that everyone assumes that Eli will be sucessful, mostly from his last name.

His father played in no playoff games in his NFL career.  Peyton hasn't been to a super bowl.  And Eli seems to be a dumber version of his brother with a slower release.

I am also not sold on Rivers.

289922[/snapback]

I don't think everyone is sold on the younger Manning. There was plenty of questioning throughout last season, BFTiPL.

Archie was pretty good - poor clubs, although he sure had a fine WR in Danny Abramowicz.