Josh Allen had highest air yards per attempt in NFL since 2016

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This is my hope also. I think Jones and Foster can be effective underneath/slot midlevel guys (provided they get stronger physically in terms of separation after contact & holding off DB with body positioning for catch) combined w/ a Hill or Cooks type burner...would be a great combo for a guy like Allen. 

Ideally we find a Kittle in the mid rounds of the draft. Thinking a guy like Caleb Wilson from UCLA if he declares.

I see Foster as what he has shown, an intermediate to deep threat.  He not only has a fast timed speed but hes gameday fast.

He has shown the ability to separate at a high level, hes caught a very high percentage of the intended passes thrown his way,  very impressive when you take into account that he is over 20 ypc average.  

Hes a burner and should be primarily used as such.

Edited by Magox

1 minute ago, Magox said:

I see Foster as what he has shown, an intermediate to deep threat.  He not only has a fast timed speed but hes gameday fast.

He has shown the ability to separate at a high level, hes caught a very high percentage of the intended passes thrown his way, specially when you take into account that he is over 20 ypc average.  

Hes a burner and should be primarily used as such.

Don't get me wrong I love Foster and I think he definitely has a shot a making that role his own. I was more thinking he's got the skillset (and hopefully the motivation to improve) to be used in a bunch of different ways...I like how fast he gets in and out of cuts and his routes have really improved imo. He's 100% fast enough to be the deep guy, I'd just like to see them develop him into a well-rounded all purpose guy (kind of how SF is trying to do w/ Goodwin, which may or may not work) and find someone to take the top off and let Foster/Jones eat up that space behind the LBs. With a capable TE and a back who can catch...watch out.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/25/2018 at 6:01 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Well he can’t throw screen passes

Interesting comment.  

I won't disagree, his short-medium stats comparatively are near bottom-dwelling.  

It should be beyond clear that the deep-game, that McBeane put so much emphasis on, is merely one relatively minor element of a good QB much less a franchise QB.  

Interestingly, those other QBs in the rankings after Allen have their teams overall scoring a whole lot more points.  We ranked 30th and sucked in the Red Zone, both on D as well as O.  

Besides, that stat is for just a single game it would appear, not a season average.  Frankly, the deep game hasn't been nearly all that prolific for us this season.