Only One Starter Drafted After 2nd Round

San-O

From another thread praising TD, I figured equal time is fair.

Of the currect depth chart I went through and determined of the players

who would start, only 8 have been drafted by TD since coming here, and

only 1 after the second round.

Notice only 1 O-lineman:

============================================

J.P. Losman 1

Willis McGahee 1

Lee Evans 1

Mike Williams 1

Aaron Schobel 2

Chris Kelsay 2

Ron Edwards (Probably not a starter) 3

Terrence McGee 4

Nate Clements 1

============================================

You TD supporters can try and spin this any way you like, however I believe

this shows clearly TD has been unable to draft much quality after

round 2.

And this is not a Super Bowl team.

:blink:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TD Sucks. :blink:

J.P. Losman, Willis McGahee , Lee Evans , Mike Williams, Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, Terrence McGee,Nate Clements.

HOW MANY GM's Have that many playmakers FROM the 1st and 2nd round?

After the first few rounds, its a crap shoot.

J.P. Losman, Willis McGahee , Lee Evans , Mike Williams, Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, Terrence McGee,Nate Clements.

HOW MANY GM's Have that many playmakers FROM the 1st and 2nd round?

After the first few rounds, its a crap shoot.

284825[/snapback]

Great, so we can draft 1st round starters. Congrats.

Go ahead and start your own thread with starters AFTER the first two rounds!

It'll be a short thread.

Great, so we can draft 1st round starters.  Congrats.

It'll be a short thread.

284834[/snapback]

The point is, he has gotten GREAT talent out of the first two rounds. There are alot of GMs that haven't even done that.

But since you want to rip on TD, please start a thread about ANY GM that has a ton of talent that he drafted past round 2. Sure, everyone will get lucky with one or two, but get frigging real.

Man, some people just like to complain.

Great, so we can draft 1st round starters.  Congrats.

It'll be a short thread.

284834[/snapback]

Why don't you go find some teams who have done better and list them for us......then maybe your point will hold some water.

See thread title:

Only One Starter Drafted After 2nd Round, Does anyone else find this startling?

284841[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw it. Now go dig me up the names of all the other GMs who have drafted tons of talent from rounds 3-7...

I'll be waiting here.

He also got us out of cap hell, signed London Fletcher, signed Sam Adams, signed Takeo Spikes, signed Troy Vincent, signed Jeff Posey, signed Troy Teague, signed Brian Moorman. Mcgee was a great find in the fourth round. Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney are all second rounders and 2 will be our starters this year. Not to mention he has hit homeruns on all his first round picks. TD has done a great job-although I am not happy about losing Pat and Jonas. I do think he is gonna pull off LJ Shelton and Baas for our line. The man knows what hes doing

Why don't you go find some teams who have done better and list them for us......then maybe your point will hold some water.

284839[/snapback]

Please READ the thread title. How many less than ONE can you have.

You show me a team that hasn't drafted a starter after round two.

Exclude SF, Lions and Bengals. :blink:

Yeah, I saw it. Now go dig me up the names of all the other GMs who have drafted tons of talent from rounds 3-7...

I'll be waiting here.

284846[/snapback]

And for any GMs he finds that HAVE just kicked asss in those rounds, also list their picks from the first two rounds.

I'll be waiting here.

284846[/snapback]

You can do that. I'm not asking the question, you are.

And who said tons, how about more than one. Like two.

284825[/snapback]

OK honestly,

Shouldn't the "mocking people who criticize member X of organization" routine be reserved for those who have AT LEAST a .500 record with the team? Especially over a time period of 4 years?

Seriously - I can't tell you how ridiculous these posts look in print, regardless of how you feel about TD's ability as a GM. So, if you're going to defend him fine; but you have reason to be smug about it like a Cardinals fan has a reason to be arrogant.

Nothing personal Steve - you're certainly not alone.

He also got us out of cap hell, signed London Fletcher, signed Sam Adams, signed Takeo Spikes, signed Troy Vincent, signed Jeff Posey, signed Troy Teague, signed Brian Moorman.  Mcgee was a great find in the fourth round.  Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney are all second rounders and 2 will be our starters this year.  Not to mention he has hit homeruns on all his first round picks.  TD has done a great job-although I am not happy about losing Pat and Jonas.  I do think he is gonna pull off LJ Shelton and Baas for our line.  The man knows what hes doing

284847[/snapback]

So did you see the Green Fairy or what, bro??

Please READ the thread title.  How many less than ONE can you have.

You show me a team that hasn't drafted a starter after round two.

Exclude SF, Lions and Bengals.  :blink:

284849[/snapback]

what the hell do you call Moorman? Mcgee? Schobel? Jennings? Kelsay? Cambell?

Shouldn't the "mocking people who criticize member X of organization" routine be reserved for those who have AT LEAST a .500 record with the team?

284860[/snapback]

Not when you're talking about a GM... His job is to bring the talent to the team. He has done his job. Unfortunately he's a bit too old to throw, catch, run, etc, etc....

So did you see the Green Fairy or what, bro??

284861[/snapback]

I have a funny video of me in Amsterdam I will email to you if you like. Its me showing off my stash to my buddy from the Heineken plant

OK honestly,

Shouldn't the "mocking people who criticize member X of organization" routine be reserved for those who have AT LEAST a .500 record with the team?  Especially over a time period of 4 years? 

Seriously - I can't tell you how ridiculous these posts look in print, regardless of how you feel about TD's ability as a GM.  So, if you're going to defend him fine; but you have reason to be smug about it like a Cardinals fan has a reason to be arrogant. 

Nothing personal Steve - you're certainly not alone.

284860[/snapback]

No, cause Stojan and a whole bunch of other people on here are able to look at the big picture. No GM is perfect. TD is no happier about our record the past four years thanany of the rest of us. But he's not sitting around doing nothing.......he's reworking things, and will continue to rework them, until we have a winner. Those of you who just pick out one aspect of TDs tenure and blow it out of proportion don't have a clue.....sorry.

Another misleading thread. One could argue that plenty of post 2nd rounders would be starting for the Bills if Donahoe didn't sign strong FA talent. Crowell would be starting instead of Spikes, Wire instead of Milloy, Haggin instead of Fletcher, Stamer instead of Posey, Edwards instead of Adams.

Point is, they don't have to start these guys because Donahoe has done an excellent job in aquiring talent in the draft and FA.

And again, we're completely ignoring special teams here, which is a mistake, considering Donahoe has built the best ST unit in the league, largely through the draft. You'll find several post 2nd rounders starting on special teams.

By the way, Jennings and McGee both started for the Bills last season, and both were taken after the 2nd round.

No, cause Stojan and a whole bunch of other people on here are able to look at the big picture.  No GM is perfect. TD is no happier about our record the past four years thanany of the rest of us. But he's not sitting around doing nothing.......he's reworking things, and will continue to rework them, until we have a winner. Those of you who just pick out one aspect of TDs tenure and blow it out of proportion don't have a clue.....sorry.

284872[/snapback]

ONE aspect? lol. How is this being blown out of proportion? It is

what it is. One starter after round two.