Joe Marino: Options to Help Fix the Bills Offense in the Offseason

DCOrange

19 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

That's what I've heard too - him making OBJ catches just riles up the media attention and focus as well. Just don't want us to end up reaching for him in the 1st considering with a top 5 pick I'd be happier landing Oliver/Bosa or Little. Trading back though I may approach it differently given what OL talent is left, go N'Keal then OL in the second. 

Trading back would be ideal.  Our offense needs almost a complete overhaul.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DCOrange said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/10/30/options-to-help-fix-bills-offense-in-2019-offseason/

Not all that much to this article in terms of meat, but it gives us some names to keep an eye on, both in free agency and the draft.

10-31: Joe Marino from The Draft Network on WGR (20:29)

Talking about what the #Bills can do with the offense going forward with @TheJoeMarino! He joins Schopp & the Bulldog live now.

Marino - What I really like about Brian Daboll's offense is it schemes throws for the quarterbacks. They can run a lot of route concepts that create space. Just need a quarterback to read it and rip it.

Marino on Zay Jones - 27 catches in 15 games last year, 25 already this year. When the offense has rare good plays, it seems to be because Zay Jones is out there creating space.

Marino - The #Bills deserve some criticism for putting an offensive infrastructure around Josh Allen, but that's not unlike what many teams do in the league.

Marino on free agents - Daryl Williams, I know it's another Panthers player, he came on strong in 2017 as one of the better right tackles. Maybe you can get him on a discounted deal.

Marino - When I think about offensive line, three are going to be free agents, there's going to be turnover. There will be guys from outside the building that come in and solidify the line.

Marino on John Brown- My understanding is the #Bills offered like a 3-year $21 million deal. He went out and signed the 1-year prove it deal with Baltimore. He can stretch the field and be a vertical threat. The #Bills don't have a player like that.

Marino - Everyone's going to see there's just a void of top offensive talent in this draft. If you think you're getting a Julio Jones, it's just not going to happen.

Marino - #Bills fans need to hope that QBs Justin Herbert and Dwayne Haskins declare for the draft. Having those guys available to be enticing for another team to trade up for.