Including the Bills, what year did all your favorite teams have the most aggregate success?

Bing Bong

So I'm working with the Bills, Yankees, Knicks, Duke Blue Devils in NCAA Basketball, and Notre Dame Fighting Irish in NCAA Football. 

I was a fan starting just prior to the 4 SB runs for the Bills. The 1993 Houston Oilers playoff game, to me, is the greatest game I have ever seen to this day. 

The 1996 New York Yankees winning the World Series was pretty amazing. Derek Jeter burst onto the scene, Wade Boggs taking a victory lap on the police horse, that season as a whole was magical to watch for me. 

Duke Basketball in 1992. Grant Hill heaves a pass about 75ft, Laettner catches it, takes one dribble, and hits a turnaround against Kentucky to cap off a game where he was 10-10 from the field and 10-10 from the FT line. I jumped so high my head almost hit the ceiling and I was only like 5'3" at the time. It was the greatest game I have ever seen to this day on the way to back to back championships. 

The Knicks? Ugh, where do I begin? Jordan killed us for years, but I loved those teams. Pat Ewing's finger roll. John Starks 2 for 18 game against Houston in Game 7. The memories are all more lowlights than highlights, but that's my team. 

In 1993 the Notre Dame Fighting Irish faced what was supposed to be an unbeatable Florida St. team with Charlie Ward at QB, Warrick Dunn at RB, and that vaunted FSU defense. I was a Senior in HS working at Wendy's and called out so I could watch the game. I don't regret that decision. It was the single greatest performance I have seen from my Irish. It was #1 vs #2 and did more than live up to the hype. There was NFL talent all over the place on both teams for that game. Notre Dame led 31-17 when Charlie Ward led a furious comeback attempt with only a few minutes left in the 4th throwing a TD strike on 4th and 20 which bounced off of a ND player's hands then into a receiver of his own. ND proceeded to go 3 and out on their next possession. Florida St. got the ball as far as the ND 14 yard line to set up one final play. ND dropped 7 to the goal line in coverage, Charlie Ward was flushed to his left, and a ND defender knocked a pass that never had a chance down at the goal line. Notre Dame led by Lou Holtz 31 Bobby Bowden's FSU 24. ND would go on to lose the very next week to BC on a last second FG 41-39 and FSU would be gifted the National Championship over a 1 loss ND team in January. 

20 hours ago, row_33 said:

1991-93

Leafs to semifinals a few times

Jays win 2 World Series

Bills to four Super Bowl

We got the game live in Canada, that let the US feed know the final score before the tape delay was shown  in the US

and most people watching the tape delay already knew the final score

The Finland game Sunday morning was shown live in the US

I lived in Buffalo at the time and we got/ still get live TV from Toronto.  Saw it live and it was the most tense, nerve racking, and exciting sporting event I have ever seen.  The Finland game was almost anticlimactic.

19 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Buffalo Bills & Michigan Wolverines Basketball.

1989: Michigan wins the National Title. I know this was the year of the "Bickering Bills", but they made the playoffs and were headed to bigger things.

1991-92: Michigan loses in the National Title game in back-to-back years as the Bills lose in Super Bowls XXVI & XXVII. in 1991 Minneapolis hosted both the Super Bowl & Final Four.

Yeah 1989 for me probably as well..........Miami Hurricanes football AND Michigan basketball both won NCAA titles...........Bills were a popular pre-season SB favorite and had an up and down but exciting season.    Who could forget that crazy MNF game versus Rams.     

Yankees were terrible in 1989 but about the time Miami and Michigan and the Bills dominance was petering out the Yanks were starting their incredible run of 26 straight winning seasons in (1993-present).