Tank losers, that record is part of history.

3u751k

7 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

I was going to start a separate thread but this may fit in this one (just about anything can fit into this one).  It's the Animal House argument.  "We're going to get waxed Monday night no matter what we do so we might as well have a good time doing it."  Let's do something we haven't done in 17 years with Brady.  Blitz every play.  Play tight coverage.  Hit him every play.  Hit him after the whistle.  Hit him at the knees.  Hit him in the head.  He'll kill you if you blitz but so what.  He'll kill you if you don't.  The penalties won't help but so what.  We're not going to win the game no matter what.  For chrissakes, he's 41, see if he can absorb some punishment. 

Yes!  Make this game look like a live re-enactment of The Longest Yard.  Do it!   Don't forget gronkowski either.

Edited by sleeby

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

No doubt. Kyle Williams in round 5 was great beyond comprehension. And pure luck. Remember, he wasn't even the first DL they drafted. In fact, they traded up to get McCargo who was almost as bad as Williams is good.

Count me as one who believes that the quality of a draft is determined a lot by the players a team passes on. We passed on stars to take Donte Whitner.

We passed on Brian Orakpo (who's still playing BTW) to take Aaron Maybin, who was undoubtedly the biggest bust the Bills drafted in the 21st century (even worse than Mike Williams, who at least played decently for a couple of seasons).   IMO, Marshawn Lynch was the best player that the Bills drafted in the 21st century.  Brandon and his henchmen from Jauron through Nix and Whaley to McDermott and Beane, never had/don't have much tolerance for players who marched to their own music, no matter how talented.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

I was going to start a separate thread but this may fit in this one (just about anything can fit into this one).  It's the Animal House argument.  "We're going to get waxed Monday night no matter what we do so we might as well have a good time doing it."  Let's do something we haven't done in 17 years with Brady.  Blitz every play.  Play tight coverage.  Hit him every play.  Hit him after the whistle.  Hit him at the knees.  Hit him in the head.  He'll kill you if you blitz but so what.  He'll kill you if you don't.  The penalties won't help but so what.  We're not going to win the game no matter what.  For chrissakes, he's 41, see if he can absorb some punishment. 

That's what I'm talking about.  They oughta start practicing fake FGs and stuff under live fire.  They should go for it if the offense worked hard only to sputter.

If we can get really odd with it maybe there is a chance to throw off opponents rhythms.

The insulters oughta get back to touching each other's butts in secrecy.

Edited by 3u751k

Did you fall and hit your head? Your thoughts seem jumbled and nonsensical.

14 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

On an unrelated topic the local paper decided to print all time leaders in TD passes.  Three of the top nine are from the same draft class (E. Manning, Rivers and Rothlisberger).  Gee, to bad we didn't pick a QB that year. 

I can get behind that, except I don't want to see them play dirty and try to hurt anybody. But yes, try to punish Brady on every play. Just do it legally. You might as well make Brady sore in the morning.

Press man coverage and single safety on every single play and bring the house.

1 hour ago, 3u751k said:

That's what I'm talking about.  They oughta start practicing fake FGs and stuff under live fire.  They should go for it if the offense worked hard only to sputter.

If we can get really odd with it maybe there is a chance to throw off opponents rhythms.

I agree. With our inept QB play, we can't really effectively run a NFL passing offense.  So we should throw in some razzle dazzle.  Double reverse.  Halfback pass. Run some plays with Ivory and Shady in at the same time. Run some wild cat. Run the Philly Shuffle.  FAke punt.

Maybe 5 or 6 a game.  Bill Bellyache and Doug Peterson ran a trick play in the SB. 

If you catch them off guard could be a big gain or a TD.

Edited by reddogblitz