I mean...I’d still pay for Teddy

GoodHands15

I guess I don't get the romanticizing with this guy. It's not like he took the league by storm. His stats are very similar to Tyrod's.

Bridgewater in 2014 (first year he started) - finished with a 6-6 record, 2919 yards, 14 TDs, 12 INTs, 39 sacks

Taylor in 2015 (first year he started) - finished with a 7-6 record, 3035 yards, 20 TDs, 6 INTs, 36 sacks - selected to Pro Bowl

Bridgewater in 2015 (second year as starter) - 11-5 record (great Minnesota defense), 3231 yards, still only 14 TDs, 9 INTs, 44 sacks - selected to Pro Bowl

Taylor in 2016 (second year as starter) - 7-8 record, 3023 yards, 17 TDs, 6 INTs, 42 sacks

Bridgewater was injured prior to the 2016 season and that sent him on the path that saw him lose the Vikings starting job, end up with the Jets and now the Saints.

Taylor had one more year as a starter in Buffalo, 8-6 record, 2799 yards, 14 TDS, 4 INTs, 46 sacks - helped end a 17-year playoff drought.

Both QBs are similar in size, both have a habit of holding onto the ball too long, both have trouble seeing over the line and seeing the entire field. Bridgewater's completion percentage was a few points higher than Taylor's but not by a whole lot.

So put Bridgewater behind this OL and see if the results are any better... doubtful.

I would pay for him too.  We had two shots at him, one in free agency, and again when the Jets started putting trade feelers out for him. The guy is so much more of an upside than McCarron was, whose highlight films are basically all throwing to AJ Green.

For some reason everyone seems to imply that Teddy is going to be injured his whole career and ignores the fact that he showed some amazing flashes at Minnesota.   He was the best FA qb out there, showed it in camp and preseason, and I will bet you a million bucks that if Beane could turn the clock back today he would have jumped on Teddy.

I believe he's the best backup in the league, and here we are with the worst backup in the league, yet people think giving up a 5th rounder doesn't make sense?   Most 5th round picks are out of football in two years if they make the team at all.