(LAMP) Getting "Scratched" By The

My wife called me on saturday, and happily informed me that we won $1,000 in the Daily News scratch off game. I strongly urged her to not spend the money too fast. Luckily she agreed to do so. I checked the ticket, and it was properly scratched off, it was indeed a winner, or so I thought.

On sunday morning, I bought the News once again, and on pages 1 and 3, they pointed out that there was a mistake, and they printed a wrong number in the instructions. Results? No $1,000 for me! :doh:

I was a little peeved until we went to he sisters' house in the afternoon. She had "won" $10,000. A relative of her husband who is poor had "won" $100,000!!!

I gaurantee, people maxed out credit cards, dined at Smith and Wollenskys, purchased jewelry, etc. As I type, there are lines of people at the Daily News Bldg. waiting to collect their "prize." There are police officers assigned, with barricades.

People in NYC are angrier in general than in other parts of the nation. This is a friggin mess. I could have used the G note, but my heart goes out to the poor people that truly needed the money.

Just another crazy day in a crazy town.No Such Luck

So.. what were the instructions printed, and what were the instructions supposed to be?

281843[/snapback]

They tell you to scratch off 10 numbers on your sheet, which comes in every paper. Nine of them were correct, but # 13 was not. They claim that it should have been # 12.

Three like amounts are needed to win. One of mine was in # 13. :doh:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Herb Shostack, 65, an Upper East Side salesman, was planning to use the $10,000 he won't be getting to pay off credit cards and buy a headstone for his sister's grave.

Braggs, a Harlem catering-company owner, even booked a trip to Disney World for her family, including her 85-year-old mother and 11-year-old grandson.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Herb Shostack, 65, an Upper East Side salesman, was planning to use the $10,000 he won't be getting to pay off credit cards and buy a headstone for his sister's grave.

Braggs, a Harlem catering-company owner, even booked a trip to Disney World for her family, including her 85-year-old mother and 11-year-old grandson.

281855[/snapback]

Bummer. Lesson learned: Don't start spending it until you have the cash in hand.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

281855[/snapback]

Even if the paper gets away with this, they'll never save face after this article. Denying someone a grave marker for their late sister, that hurts. Only way to make this right is to pay off the winners,or some concession. I know there's insurance available whenever a contest like this is put on. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Its not like this happend in Sheboygan.... this is New York City!

Even if the paper gets away with this, they'll never save face after this article. Denying someone a grave marker for their late sister, that hurts. Only way to make this right is to pay off the winners,or some concession. I know there's insurance available whenever a contest like this is put on. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Its not like this happend in Sheboygan.... this is New York City!

281887[/snapback]

These tabloids are the root of all evil..nobody is going to get a thing...