TAX REVOLT IN BUFFALO/AMHERST

Tcali

Heard about it weeks ago...and was slighty encouraged--you can only pushh people so farrr..But I wonder if it has legs???--any knowledgable/informed Buffalonians willing/able to comment??

281786[/snapback]

I live in Cincinnati, Tcali. What's going on re your topic? Cretainly a need for that. Details?

Wow...that sounded like a line right out of Office Space....

282188[/snapback]

"You see we're putting the cover sheet on all TPS reports now before they go out. If you could just go ahead and do that from now on that would be greeat. Mmmm 'K? Greeeat."

Wow...that sounded like a line right out of Office Space....

282188[/snapback]

You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

I cannot believe what a bunch of losers we are. We're looking up 'money laundering' in the dictionary!

Bob Slydell: What would you say ya do here?

Tom Smykowski: Well look, I already told you! I deal with the goddamn customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills! I am good at dealing with people! Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

We're not going to some white collar resort prison. No, no, no! We're going to Federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison!

i spent the weekend at holiday valley and watched some local buffalo news...MAN! i thought rochester news was depressing...buffalo news is never more bleak

budget deficit this...no money that...politicians lying on tv...unbelievable

300+ showing up for a civic meeting is a high number, for sure (fo shizzle?  :D ).

Thanks. I wish them luck...the county workers, AND their extended families probably can put in more votes in any election than the opposition, though.

282244[/snapback]

AND they had to pay $10....

I live in Cincinnati, Tcali. What's going on re your topic? Cretainly a need for that. Details?

282228[/snapback]

Cincy--I'm out in Cali..and am interested in moving back to Buff...I am as in the dark on this as anyone..

I'd love to move back too, but I'll be damned if I'm going to move away from Atlanta's high paying salaries. I love that town like no other, but unless you've got an "in", it's an economic death trap.

I'd love to move back too, but I'll be damned if I'm going to move away from Atlanta's high paying salaries.  I love that town like no other, but unless you've got an "in", it's an economic death trap.

282560[/snapback]

Very true.I will only go back when/if I dont have to work.

As best as I can tell the rebellion is the right thing to do as the targets are the right ones (elected officials who we can effect unlike the business leaders who bilked this community who are free to do what they want unless they are stupid like Rigas's and have to do jail time).

However, the rebellion does seem to need a little work in its leaders and message. They are making the same mistake as Giambra and the legislature and focusing mostly in the dollar in side and putting a chainsaw to the dollar out side.

If this rebellion can move beyond the simple ranting and raving of a Fox News or the stupid tugging at the heartstrings with human interest stories of a CNN, and instead doing the tougher complicated work of making sure that our tax dollars are well spent for services to WNY citizens and residents it will serve a great purpose/

We'll see.