DEADWOOD

webtoe

They must have thought the guy playing Jack last year did a nice job.

Out of all of the actors available, I guess they could not find anybody else to play Mr. W. I know other shows do it all of the time, but not usually 13 episodes later.

Although it took me a second, he voice was just too familiar.

They must have thought the guy playing Jack last year did a nice job.

Out of all of the actors available, I guess they could not find anybody else to play Mr. W.  I know other shows do it all of the time, but not usually 13 episodes later.

Although it took me a second, he voice was just too familiar.

281773[/snapback]

who is this guy?? the new guy in town with the beard werking for hearst??--who wouldnt DO that great looking blonde lesbian??

who is this guy?? the new guy in town with the beard werking for hearst??--who wouldnt DO that great looking blonde lesbian??

281779[/snapback]

That's the guy.

I think he didn't Do Joanie because he knew she was armed.

He was Jack, the guy that murdered Wild Bill. You have to admit, he is one heck of an actor. My son watches the show with me and he did not recognize him.

Boy Trixie really can't stand Bullock. I am even more convinced, that she was aiming her rifle at Seth last episode.

He was Jack, the guy that murdered Wild Bill. You have to admit, he is one heck of an actor. My son watches the show with me and he did not recognize him.

Boy Trixie really can't stand Bullock. I am even more convinced, that she was aiming her rifle at Seth last episode.

281836[/snapback]

Yep she was pointing it at Bullock. Trixie and Jane's talk was pretty interesting to say the least

281836[/snapback]

I missed that one where Wild Bill was murdered. Was it that really ugly looking guy he played cards with with the brown teeth who made all the funny faces?????--i think i see a similarity..if thats the guy--they did a good job making him look repulsive so they could bring him back as a handsome guy.

I think that they took a risk in using the same actor again.  I'm sure that they could have found another actor who could play the part without the distraction of the guy looking like a guy recently killed off.

282715[/snapback]

From what I remember he never did die from Bullocks hands. He just turned him into authorities of another jurisdiction. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I remember he never did die from Bullocks hands. He just turned him into authorities of another jurisdiction. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

282919[/snapback]

You are right. (He would have been hung at some later point after the second trial, as this is what happened historically, though).

I have almost no idea what's going on in that last episode, besides with Al and Mrs. Garret...

283160[/snapback]

Seems to me, and only a guess, that Hearst wants to buy the stakes at a reduced rate. Mr. W comes in and plays along with EB on the Hickcock letter, knowing full well that EB is pure scum and that when he reveals he works for Hearst and Heasrt is pissed at getting ripped off, EB will do whatever Mr. W says. So, Mr. W instucts EB to start spreading the rumor that all stakes and claims will not be recognized by the governmnet( presumably in Yankton) when Deadwood, and the whole state, is assimilated. Remember, Deadwood in the first season and up until now is not part of the US, but part of Indian land.

If everyone starts to believe this rumor, it will drive the price down as panic selling sets in. The piece I cannot get is Tolliver. When Mr W first meets him, it appears that they will work together. And then towards the end, it appears he is buying into the rumors. Just not sure if he and Hearst are in on this together and this makes the rumors appear more true. Hope I'm explaining that well.

Seems to me, and only a guess, that Hearst wants to buy the stakes at a reduced rate. Mr. W comes in and plays along with EB on the Hickcock letter, knowing full well that EB is pure scum and that when he reveals he works for Hearst and Heasrt is pissed at getting ripped off, EB will do whatever Mr. W says. So, Mr. W instucts EB to start spreading the rumor that all stakes and claims will not be recognized by the governmnet( presumably in Yankton) when Deadwood, and the whole state, is assimilated. Remember, Deadwood in the first season and up until now is not part of the US, but part of Indian land.

If everyone starts to believe this rumor, it will drive the price down as panic selling sets in. The piece I cannot get is Tolliver. When Mr W first meets him, it appears that they will work together. And then towards the end, it appears he is buying into the rumors. Just not sure if he and Hearst are in on this together and this makes the rumors appear more true. Hope I'm explaining that well.

283173[/snapback]

Thanks! I actually just read this which helped as well:

http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/episode/season2/episode15.shtml

283173[/snapback]

Toliver was just getting is crew to spread the rumor and get the panic going for Hearst. That episode was all about setting up the plot for the remainder of the season. Al being so ill really puts him out of the loop. This spells trouble for someone who always seems to be a step ahead of everyone.

Toliver was just getting is crew to spread the rumor and get the panic going for Hearst. That episode was all about setting up the plot for the remainder of the season. Al being so ill really puts him out of the loop. This spells trouble for someone who always seems to be a step ahead of everyone.

283230[/snapback]

Agreed now on Tolliver. Al is in a diminished position on this. And we know of Als preferred method of dealing with issues, and it usually does not involve a nice chat

Agreed now on Tolliver. Al is in a diminished position on this. And we know of Als preferred method of dealing with issues, and it usually does not involve a nice chat

283248[/snapback]

Okay, anybody for getting a stink on their johnson. Classic scene in a classic show. Anybody else for removing some Gleats. And who wants to be in that town when Al realizes whats going on with the new commisioner, Cy Tolliver, and Mr Wolcott.

Lets not forget that crazy nanny tutor setting Alma up.And next time, maybe you will want to try with your ---- out of your pants.

Now enough posting, time for me to go have a "conversation" with my wife. Hopefully, it will last longer, and include more contact, than Mr Ws interlude with the ho.

I actually think the episodes are a little boring without Al involved. Hopefully he'll be feeling better next week. I miss all the MF'ers and C*ck suckers.... :doh:

290006[/snapback]

How bout Wu trying to get Dan to understand there are more celestials coming to town. Lots of c*ck Suckers in that converstaion.And surprise, surprise, those c**k suckers were from San Fran.

Man, there was some stuff going on last night.How bout Seth and Bullock wanting to open a bank. And Ellsworth almost blowing the head off of Mr W.

God, this and Lost are by far the two best best shows in the last ten years, with the Wire and Sorpranos in a close third and fourth