The justice system is a joke

TWENTY FOUR arrests.  TWENTY FOUR. :w00t:

280649[/snapback]

Dont you understand? All he needs is to be rehabilitated and integrated into society not shunned or punished. Maybe a little love wouldnt hurt.

Its not his fault. its...its...SOCIETY'S FAULT!!!!

I'd like to hear someone argue against the death penalty for this p.o.s

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/sou...-home-headlines

Sex offenders should have 2 options. 1) castration or 2) life in prison.

280489[/snapback]

Personally, I don't think castration is the answer, in part because I don't think it will work. A sex offense is basically an act of violence. While castrating a rapist prevents him from commiting rape, it doesn't necessarily cure his violent tendencies. He'll just be violent against women/children in some other way. Besides, I don't think sex offenders should have "options" in the first place... so I vote for 2) life in prison. Put em away.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/sou...-home-headlines

Sex offenders should have 2 options. 1) castration or 2) life in prison.

280489[/snapback]

whatever their punishment, it should more accurately reflect that fact that if the poor little child survives the assault, their life is ruined. statutory rape is one thing (honestly, your honor.....she swore that she was 18) but pedophilia is quite another. forced sex with a pre-pubescent child is something that I could condemn the perpetrator to death for doing.

Dont you understand?  All he needs is to be rehabilitated and integrated into society not shunned or punished.    Maybe a little love wouldnt hurt.   

Its not his fault. its...its...SOCIETY'S FAULT!!!!     

I'd like to hear someone argue against the death penalty for this p.o.s

280652[/snapback]

Maybe they were concerned about damaging his self-esteem. :w00t:

Gross negligence and depraved indifference are crimes and those who allow guys like this to be on the street should be charged accordingly. It’s time that judges and others who are responsible are sentenced to prison for allowing this to happen.

Personally, I don't think castration is the answer, in part because I don't think it will work.  A sex offense is basically an act of violence.  While castrating a rapist prevents him from commiting rape, it doesn't necessarily cure his violent tendencies.  He'll just be violent against women/children in some other way.  Besides, I don't think sex offenders should have "options" in the first place... so I vote for 2) life in prison.  Put em away.

280696[/snapback]

A rape is indeed an act of violence. However, pedophilia is more about sex and more importantly, power and control. Many pedophiles have a prediliction to youngsters much as you or I have innate desires for the opposite sex or as homosexuals for the same sex. Its programmed into the brain and no counterprogramming can undo it unless you go to the source which is basically the testes. I'd be all for child molestation as a capital offense (with the exemption for 18 year olds bangin their 17 year old girlfriends)

A rape is indeed an act of violence.  However, pedophilia is more about sex and more importantly, power and control.    Many pedophiles have a prediliction to youngsters much as you or I have innate desires for the opposite sex or as homosexuals for the same sex.  Its programmed into the brain and no counterprogramming can undo it unless you go to the source which is basically the testes.      I'd be all for child molestation as a capital offense (with the exemption for 18 year olds bangin their 17 year old girlfriends)

280842[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying but, what does making it a capital offense do to deter the programming in the brain.

The issue is still there.

Is your point to put them away and never return to society? I can see this point. What do we do when the "corrections" system gets overburdened?

It is quite a quandry if it is some natural defect in the person?

I hear what you are saying but, what does making it a capital offense do to deter the programming in the brain.

The issue is still there.

Is your point to put them away and never return to society?  I can see this point.  What do we do when the "corrections" system gets overburdened?

It is quite a quandry if it is some natural defect in the person?

281148[/snapback]

I dont worry about the programming part. The corrections system wont get overloaded with these perverts if we let them join general population. Frontier justice will take care of that for us.

My main concern is with the recidivism rate at about 90%, I'm not concerned with THEIR rehabilitation, I'm concerned with protecting the public FROM them.