Tulsa Tough - Cycling Festival

I know there are a lot of bicycle enthusiasts on this board (I'm looking at you Chef Jim), so I thought I'd share what's happening in Tulsa this weekend. Tulsa Tough has become an unexpected phenomenon over the last 10 years. Here is a video from the final day of the 3-day event in 2012: be ready to pause at 2:15!

https://player.vimeo.com/video/43947788

I hope this embeds/links properly. I don't start threads very often.

Like I said, that was 6 years ago. The event has now grown into one of, if not THE top Criterion racing event in the nation. Its yuge I tell yah! And oh so much fun. Think of a three day all-day tailgate party. I had never even heard of this until 2015. I am not a cyclist. I just really enjoy the spectacle of it all. When I went for the first time I was like whaaaatthehellllisgoingon? This is crazy. I go every year now.

3000 Crit racers. 6000 tour racers 100,000 spectators.

http://tulsatough.com/site/sections/10

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_Tough

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

Well, this thread was a bust, but I am reviving it anyway. Tonight's races were friggin awesome!!!! T-Town, and NE Oklahoma, is  now the biggest bike event outside of France. And the Party was incredible. 

Still got two days to go!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

So, in addition to going to some super cool bicycle races, yesterday I visited The Tall Grass Prarie Nature Preserve on th Oklahoma-Kansas border. It was gorgeous! I saw lots of Bison very near and far. A small herd crossed the road and blocked or path, and we saw several larger herds off in the distance. Bought a bison cookie cutter in the gift shop shaped exactly like The Bills logo. Can't wait to make blue and red "Buffalo" cookies for our parties this year. The best part is that I was on the clock and on the company dime the whole trip. Overtime and all.

About those Bicycle races, since I am talking to myself here, I'm off for night two. Different course, more in the arts/music district as opposed to last night's bar scene. It'

Gonna be fun!

BO GILLS!

I guess there aren't a lot of bicycle enthusiasts on this board.

Or everyone hates you.

Sounds fun, though.

I ride a bike sometimes just for the workout. It's a fixed gear, so I just pedal hard until I feel tired. It's a good cardio exercise. The tires often go flat, though, which is annoying.

3 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

So, in addition to going to some super cool bicycle races, yesterday I visited The Tall Grass Prarie Nature Preserve on th Oklahoma-Kansas border. It was gorgeous! I saw lots of Bison very near and far. A small herd crossed the road and blocked or path, and we saw several larger herds off in the distance. Bought a bison cookie cutter in the gift shop shaped exactly like The Bills logo. Can't wait to make blue and red "Buffalo" cookies for our parties this year. The best part is that I was on the clock and on the company dime the whole trip. Overtime and all.

About those Bicycle races, since I am talking to myself here, I'm off for night two. Different course, more in the arts/music district as opposed to last night's bar scene. It'

Gonna be fun!

BO GILLS!

You know which state is "The Prairie State?"

Just like spandex, freak shows and cycling, prairies are nice AND boring... Gay too.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Restoring prairie overrated... Bison roamed everywhere.  Even wood bison at one time possibly in what is now present day WNY... But our Native Friends had their way before the first Euros.

Oh... And where is this "Cry Baby Hill?" It looked pretty level.  Damn flatlanders/Sooners.  Didn't it all blow away in the 1930s?

??

Just busting your balls.  Did you know you can take a boat from Chicago to Tulsa, Port of Catoosa, OK?  We push quite a bit of petrol-chem through that route... Or used to. Trying to think of the Catoosa boats that come up this way to the BP Refinery.

Illinois boy calling me a flatlander, LOLz. Preserving  is not the same as restoring, btw.

Crybaby hill is not a mountain. Its a hill. But still higher than anything within 200 miles of you.

Yes I am aware Tulsa has a port, sport. You and I have discussed it before.

Your are on a Buffalo Bills sight, downtalking wild, free range Bison. Would you prefer to hear that there are no Asian carp in our water, and that we have 10x the shoreine as you. 

Thanks for ruining my thread. I was fine here all by myself, talking to myself.

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I guess there aren't a lot of bicycle enthusiasts on this board.

Or everyone hates you.

Sounds fun, though.

I ride a bike sometimes just for the workout. It's a fixed gear, so I just pedal hard until I feel tired. It's a good cardio exercise. The tires often go flat, though, which is annoying.

I am not a rider. I have sensitive taint. ODK how they do it.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE