Why some gun control laws are ridiculous

jimshiz

KERRY COSPONSORED BILL BANNING GUN HE WAVES

<snip>

Kerry co-sponsored S. 1431 <snip> which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip.”

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

<snip>

Kerry was presented with the gun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

[Kerry's gun bill would also ban any "gift" transaction. It is not clear if Kerry submitted to a waiting period and completed the required paperwork (a 4479 form) or Brady background check before he claimed the gun. Also, since the Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed, it has been illegal for an unlicensed individual (a non-dealer, non-collector, non-manufacturer, etc.) to obtain a firearm in a state in which you are not a legal resident.]

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE SEPT 07, 2004 11:46:05 ET XXXXX

http://www.drudgereport.com/dncg.htm

It just never ends with this guy.  Their best chance is to hide him in a cave for the next two months and just ride the anti-Bush sentiment.

20780[/snapback]

His own arrogance is his downfall. I said a long time ago that the winner of this campaign would be the one who talked the least.

KERRY COSPONSORED BILL BANNING GUN HE WAVES

<snip>

Kerry co-sponsored S. 1431 <snip> which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip.”

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

<snip>

Kerry was presented with the gun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

[Kerry's gun bill would also ban any "gift" transaction. It is not clear if Kerry submitted to a waiting period and completed the required paperwork (a 4479 form) or Brady background check before he claimed the gun. Also, since the Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed, it has been illegal for an unlicensed individual (a non-dealer, non-collector, non-manufacturer, etc.) to obtain a firearm in a state in which you are not a legal resident.]

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE SEPT 07, 2004 11:46:05 ET XXXXX

http://www.drudgereport.com/dncg.htm

20761[/snapback]

Of course the bill would do no such thing.

I'm sure it's all just a "misunderstanding" since most people can't read legislative bills; hey, but what's the harm in a little demogogergy and propaganda?

His own arrogance is his downfall.  I said a long time ago that the winner of this campaign would be the one who talked the least.

20791[/snapback]

I am not sure he is that intelligent AD. Arrogance folks tend to be too smart, (e.g. DC Tom). Kerry seems to just do and say some stupid stevestojan all the time.

I am not sure he is that intelligent AD.  Arrogance folks tend to be too smart, (e.g. DC Tom).  Kerry seems to just do and say some stupid stevestojan all the time.

20890[/snapback]

As an arrogant know-it-all who over-analyzes everything, I think I can authoritatively say that Kerry is an arrogant know-it-all who over-analyzes everything, which is why he can't take the same position on any issue twice. Plus...I heard he won three Purple Hearts in Vietnam... :rolleyes:

As an arrogant know-it-all who over-analyzes everything, I think I can authoritatively say that Kerry is an arrogant know-it-all who over-analyzes everything, which is why he can't take the same position on any issue twice.  Plus...I heard he won three Purple Hearts in Vietnam...  :rolleyes:

20922[/snapback]

I guess you're right. Like folks usually can sniff each other out. My bad. :unsure:

Kerry added that "Since that's the only way I can actually win this election, I want to thank everyone for supporting me, and I will now go away and put this thing in my mouth. Or maybe to my temple. Or maybe under my chin, since that would held keep the barrel steady so when the gun goes off I will have accomplished my goal. Anyway, I'll figure it out later."

Thats just so typical with this assclown. He cannot stop stepping on it with gross regularity.

My bet is that he will fire a staffer for this event as well. This is his MO afterall. good for the staffer, they will be one of the lucky ones who get out before the final implosion.

Well, if nothing else, at least he is entertaining. Keep up the good work johnny boy.

Kerry added that "Since that's the only way I can actually win this election, I want to thank everyone for supporting me, and I will now go away and put this thing in my mouth. Or maybe to my temple. Or maybe under my chin, since that would held keep the barrel steady so when the gun goes off I will have accomplished my goal. Anyway, I'll figure it out later."

20929[/snapback]

:rolleyes::o

You are a funny man LA!

(by the way...the new avatar is a serious downgrade!)

20929[/snapback]

LOL, you're on fire today!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Of course the bill would do no such thing.

I'm sure it's all just a "misunderstanding" since most people can't read legislative bills; hey, but what's the harm in a little demogogergy and propaganda?

20886[/snapback]

Anyone who has 'Rush is right' in their signature OBVIOUSLY subscribes to the demagoguery and propaganda of Rush; it's a given.

Idiotic laws abound. In Michigan, switchblades are illegal unless you were born with one arm. Then you can have one - but it is illegal to manufacture in, or import a switchblade into, the State of Michigan. IIRC, also in Michigan, you cannot use deadly force against an assailant on your person or someome else if you have means of escape - if someone breaks into your residence and proceeds to beat your Grandmother to death, you cannot use deadly force on the perpertrator if you have the ability yourself to leave the premises. If you take action, you can be charged with a crime, up to and including murder.

Anyone who has 'Rush is right' in their signature OBVIOUSLY subscribes to the demagoguery and propaganda of Rush; it's a given.

21482[/snapback]

Signature fixed...

What does it have to do with Kerry holding a device he would have banned and acceping it as a gift which would have been illegal had his bill passed?

Jim Shiz