The McClintock Effect Is Real

Gugny

On April 30, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Gugny said:

Menstrual synchrony, also called the McClintock Effect[2] is an alleged process whereby women who begin living together in close proximity experience their menstrual cycle onsets (the onset of menstruation or menses) becoming more synchronized together in time than when previously living apart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_synchrony

I'm here to tell you that this is real and it translates to the workplace.

I have 49 direct reports.  Seven of them are men.  So I've got 38 women who spend 40+ hours together every week.

Last week - just between Thursday and Friday, I had 5 criers in my office.  A couple of them were all out snot bubble crying.  All over petty ****.

The McClinton Effect is real.

From a political perspective, I would say I am much more pro-woman than many men.  It's not like I'm some misogynistic meathead.  

Yet I have to say...in my experience, women are absolutely going to cry in the work place when things go wrong, and men just don't do that, and it's straight up unprofessional, at least in a professional office environment.

Doesn't stop the tears from flowing though.  Just one of a thousand differences between men and women, some good, some bad, some neither.

Edited by Fadingpain

12 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

From a political perspective, I would say I am much more pro-woman than many men.  It's not like I'm some misogynistic meathead.  

Yet I have to say...in my experience, women are absolutely going to cry in the work place when things go wrong, and men just don't do that, and it's straight up unprofessional, at least in a professional office environment.

Doesn't stop the tears from flowing though.  Just one of a thousand differences between men and women, some good, some bad, some neither.

From a stereotypical, generalization POV, that holds true.  Of course you always get the outliers.