Bills 8th Most in Official Cap Space Entering Draft: $19.37 Million

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

The fear was real. The Bills would be at 3 right now. End of story. They took the Jets offer because they had better picks to give. Indy never had a realistic price for the Bills to pay if the Jets were compliant with their demands. They wanted a chance to take picks from both. If the Jets said " no thanks" , I'd bet the farm the Bills are at pick 3 right now. 

So, you're just the absolute authority on all things the Bills would have-could have-should have done?? Like a toddler just stomping his feet? Dude, saying it like it's a fact doesn't make it any more of a guess by you....I don't think you're right....you think you are, cool...fine. But let's leave it at that. Unless you have text from Beane telling you what they tried to do, then keep it as your opinion. 

No, I don't think it would have happened because if Beane really wanted to get there, the Bills had so much more to give. Now, did he make the call? Of course, or at least I hope so - to gauge interest and find out the asking the price. But there's a really big difference between driving by a house, seeing the price and thinking, "Aw, that'd be nice" and keep driving versus pulling in the drive, whipping out the checkbook and saying, "Name your price" and cutting the check. If you don't know that, there's nothing anyone can do for you. 

However, toning down the rhetoric and dismissive tone would be a start. Happy Draft Day to you tomorrow Sir, and good day. 

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

So, you're just the absolute authority on all things the Bills would have-could have-should have done?? Like a toddler just stomping his feet? Dude, saying it like it's a fact doesn't make it any more of a guess by you....I don't think you're right....you think you are, cool...fine. But let's leave it at that. Unless you have text from Beane telling you what they tried to do, then keep it as your opinion. 

No, I don't think it would have happened because if Beane really wanted to get there, the Bills had so much more to give. Now, did he make the call? Of course, or at least I hope so - to gauge interest and find out the asking the price. But there's a really big difference between driving by a house, seeing the price and thinking, "Aw, that'd be nice" and keep driving versus pulling in the drive, whipping out the checkbook and saying, "Name your price" and cutting the check. If you don't know that, there's nothing anyone can do for you. 

However, toning down the rhetoric and dismissive tone would be a start. Happy Draft Day to you tomorrow Sir, and good day. 

No, it's my opinion. However , it's one I feel is highly likely to be the case. I don't think he balked at a price , nor do I think Beane would be willing to pay any price demanded. But the Jets made that move and paid the freight to stop the very realistic possibility of their division rival jumping them in the draft order. The Bills were the first team reported to be talking to the Colts about pick 3. They are all the way back at 12, trying to get a QB. It's not a giant leap to connect the dots. The Jets did this to block another team more than anything else. If it had been the Bills at 6 with the Jets at12, most fans would expect / want the Bills to do the same exact thing. I can imagine the outcry if the Bills allowed a division rival to gain position on them. I also don't need anyone to do anything for me or whatever. Enjoy!